OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a calendar alert to notify me when @uniquecorals posted this, but ugh I can't bring myself to spend $400. Fair price, it's a large piece.

I have a serious soft-spot for Pectinas. I love the two I have now (one from Unique)

4-rare-branching-pectinia-399_jpg_776x.png

@GoVols, you should buy this then :) Someone I know should .....

https://uniquecorals.com/collection...a-sp-rare-branching-pectinia-4-wysiwyg-colony

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technical Updates
  • Fan of KZ Aminos for Wall Hammer + Wellso
  • Switch from Triton Other Methods to ATI Essentials was non-event
  • Survived 3 days of 8hr power-off with no problems, UPS runs Varios-6 at low for 8hr
  • Decided to slowly bump Alk from 8.0 to 8.5 since I prefer higher and was really running lower cause of Triton
  • pH is solid 0.2 higher with windows now open 24x7 due to fall weather. May dose kalk hourly in the winter with spare dosing head
  • CBB is ok, but not positive he's eating. Ordering more live brine + copepods on AlgaeBarn to be safe
  • No aggression with Anthia + Wrasse + Basslett + Kole + CBB. I'd like an angel then I'm done. When Kole grows, could be an issue
  • Jerkface clown still in sump, need to find him new home
  • That weird macro algae in DT just died off. I still have hydroids, but hoping they die off. Using less Reef Nutrition coral food as a result
  • Fuge Chateo + Sea Lettuce grows, but so slowly I don't need to trim
  • I have to dose PO4 1-2x a week. that is annoying.
  • I've had to increase dosing 2x, so consumption increasing. Likely coralline algae
  • I feed 3 times a day. Morning: RN Mysis/ArticPods/Brine, Lunch: LRS Reef Frenzy, Dinner: LRS Fish Eggs + Pellets
  • Kole is supposed to be a herbivore, but seems happy being a carnivore (loves eggs + Reef Frenzy + Mysis)
  • Running RS Blue Bucket, but wouldn't mind a salt with slightly elevated params.
  • Do a 5G WC every other week, siphon out crap that collects in one spot (under the pectina)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am! Amazing that you can tell. I was a Canon fan back in the day, but I'm a big fan of the Sony system now.

I was disappointed by the quality of the famous 90mm until I got a look-down tube. Then the quality was epic. You lose so much quality shooting thru glass. Need to work on that

I recently got the 50mm Sony Macro. The fish shots are probably that lens. A bit of an impulse buy. It's pretty good, auto-focus is slow, but I typical do manual for macro.

Ah nice, I was looking at the 50mm macro a little while back but there was a massive Sony discount going around lately and recently picked up the 55 1.8 and very happy with it!

I tend to shoot corals in manual and fish in auto focus most of the time but I don’t have any fast moving fish atm.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha you have Great taste! [emoji106]
Hello, @uniquecorals

Every time that I look at your coral's, it says feeding Reef Roids and Yeast.

What's the yeast that ya'll use, and how do you feed that?

Also: What's the benefit that you have found?

Thanks, Freddie

Last edited:

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, @uniquecorals

Every time that I look at your coral's, it says feeding Reef Roids and Yeast.

What's the yeast that ya'll use, and how do you feed that?

Also: What's the benefit that you have found?

Thanks, Freddie

Hi Freddie. We mainly feed Reef Roids and have also began experimenting with Benepets food. We do feed yeast once or twice a week- I'm going to let one of my staff answer the question in detail because I haven't personally fed it in a while and I want to offer you the latest insights regarding how it is fed.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Freddie. We mainly feed Reef Roids and have also began experimenting with Benepets food. We do feed yeast once or twice a week- I'm going to let one of my staff answer the question in detail because I haven't personally fed it in a while and I want to offer you the latest insights regarding how it is fed.
@uniquecorals
Thanks for your response:

FWIW
I did some further research and yeast is a carbon source too... ;Blackeye

(lol)
My reef is a non carbon source zone... ;Stop, except... Vibrant about once, every six weeks... :D

:)

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated thread in awhile. The CBB only lasted 5 days after he arrived. After the horrible shipping, he seemed to recover and I thought he would make it. It really took the wind out of my sails when he died.

The tank is rocking, no @GoVols growth rates, but everything is bigger. The nems are growing way too fast. Exciting news is I snagged a small Maldives Regal from DD yesterday, should arrive next week.

Some morning pics:

Reef49.jpg
Reef47.jpg
Reef50.jpg

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about cbb. That stand and tank is very nice looking. I like little details.
Will be following along.

So much to learn and so many great people with great threads I’m not sure how you all keep up

Thank you.

I don't know if I'd have a reef tank without R2R. This community is great. You can't overstate the joy of learning and sharing with others.

No doubt bad things can happen (accidents, failing equipment), but in general we over-complicate things too. Lots of beautiful tanks on this site.

Oh and the secret. We can't keep up all the time. I just jumped like 300 messages ahead on one thread. Maybe during the holidays, I can go read backwards :)

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated thread in awhile. The CBB only lasted 5 days after he arrived. After the horrible shipping, he seemed to recover and I thought he would make it. It really took the wind out of my sails when he died.

The tank is rocking, no @GoVols growth rates, but everything is bigger. The nems are growing way too fast. Exciting news is I snagged a small Maldives Regal from DD yesterday, should arrive next week.

Some morning pics:

Reef49.jpg
Reef47.jpg
Reef50.jpg
Great shots and beautiful corals !

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back