Color configuration for ATI Prime HD

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I'm using my first LED fixture that has tune-able color over my 10G Nano, it's an ATI Prime HD, and I'm struggling with taking pictures of the tank. I've always preferred the look of ATI Blue + and ATI Coral + at about a 50/50 mix. I read the Coral Lab report and used my Par meter to mimic their PAR for LPS and get as close as I could to their color configuration. It looked a little blue but no big deal. Then I tried to photograph the tank and there was no way to get lightroom to make the color look normal even with the slider cranked all the way to 50K. So I brought the whites up a little bit, and even though this made the tank nicer to my eye, and brought it in the range of that slider, I found that when I get the white color about right I have weird effects with red and green that I can't sort out,.. like things that aren't red show up as red in some parts of the tank, and other parts things that are not red look red. Do you know what is going on here?

Could changing the color help? Where do you run your colors? The new bluetooth app doesn't let me upload other people's profiles, and other than providing profiles AI doesn't say much about what is normal.

Also, I seem to have what appear to be really sharp shadows. Is that normal? Would moving the light up help? Currently it's 8" off the water.

Thank you!
Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot here so I'll start with my settings (UV-80%, V-80%, RY-80%, B-80%, G-4%, DR-4%, CW-19%)...how do those compare with what you are running?

Thank you for the reply!! As far as absolute values go, no, that would drive my PAR higher than I want it for what I'm keeping. (I have a PAR meter)

If I evaluate this proportionally then I would say that I'm driving my Green, Red, and White channels harder than you are. My UV is around 30% V around 35% RB around 35% B around 40% G around 5% R around 5% CW around 25%. I also have a moonlight channel though and I don't really know what to do with it during the day.

I'd love to hear about why you are heavy on the blue channels. Do you just like the look? Or is there more to it? What about that UV? Do I risk burning the corals with it?

Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you mean AI Prime HD, you could get a diffuser.

Ha! Yes, sorry. I'm really used to T5's apparently. It's not quite that light though, it's the hd 16 or something. It's weird, it doesn't seem to be able to connect to my WiFi or Apex which stinks. It seems like it's bluetooth only :(

Whiskey

rastareefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply!! As far as absolute values go, no, that would drive my PAR higher than I want it for what I'm keeping. (I have a PAR meter)

If I evaluate this proportionally then I would say that I'm driving my Green, Red, and White channels harder than you are. My UV is around 30% V around 35% RB around 35% B around 40% G around 5% R around 5% CW around 25%. I also have a moonlight channel though and I don't really know what to do with it during the day.

I'd love to hear about why you are heavy on the blue channels. Do you just like the look? Or is there more to it? What about that UV? Do I risk burning the corals with it?

Whiskey
I was trying to run the AB+ spectrum but my PAR was measuring too high so I dialed back my channels to the 80% and now get an average of 150 at the depths I keep coral. How tall is your tank?

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to run the AB+ spectrum but my PAR was measuring too high so I dialed back my channels to the 80% and now get an average of 150 at the depths I keep coral. How tall is your tank?

I think it's about 12 inches, maybe 14. The light is 8 inches above the water line. It's only a 10G cube (visible area) tank, and has a filter section in the back.

Whiskey

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could try downloading the David Saxby program from the AquaIllumination website and modify it slightly. I’m running a Prime 16HD on a standard 10g tank maxing out at 50% and my corals seem to like it. Currently I have 4 Zoa frags, 2 Acan frags, a 2 head Blasto and a Blue Ricordea.

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could try downloading the David Saxby program from the AquaIllumination website and modify it slightly. I’m running a Prime 16HD on a standard 10g tank maxing out at 50% and my corals seem to like it. Currently I have 4 Zoa frags, 2 Acan frags, a 2 head Blasto and a Blue Ricordea.
I don't think my version allows that :( I expected to connect this to my apex 2016, but the 16hd version doesn't seem to have wifi, and I can't connect to it from a computer, and I can't figure out how to download a profile from the web to the new app that I need for my light.

I'm pretty bummed about that actually.

Whiskey

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think my version allows that :( I expected to connect this to my apex 2016, but the 16hd version doesn't seem to have wifi, and I can't connect to it from a computer, and I can't figure out how to download a profile from the web to the new app that I need for my light.

I'm pretty bummed about that actually.

Whiskey

You have an iPhone or Android phone?

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an iPhone or Android phone?
iPhone 8, I also have a couple of iPads from various generations,... and an old Android Samsung S4 if any of those will help me do this. I'm in the technology sector, but for the last 8.5 years I've been supporting only Apple mobile devices so that's what I have the most of.

Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes, the ATI Prime HD.
BRS recommends a spectrum of:
UV: 110%
Vio: 110%
RyB: 120%
Blu: 120%
Red: 10%
Grn: 10%
Wht: 60% (I do 30% personally)

I'm doing something like this, but proportionally much lower. I'm shooting for a par of around 40 at the sand based on what I'm keeping and have a par meter, which puts me at around 50% on the highest dial,.. I sortof scaled everything back from there.

Whiskey

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This worked BTW! Thank you for that. I had to use Safari as my browser to get the arrow,.. in chrome its on the bottom but works much the same way. The AI App was buried under "More" at the end of the standard list then the bottom of the "More" list but once I knew what I was looking for it was easy. I never would have found it otherwise though.

Thanks for the tip!
Whiskey

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

• I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

• Other.

Back