Colorado Sunburst Anemone Problem!!

Another update for anyone still following this thread or anyone that may have any issues... I followed the advice of some awesome reefers and shielded the CSB on it's rock from the flow so that it barely got any, but made sure it got light. This is how it looks now!!
JPEG_20200328_200831.jpg

all I can say is wow
 
He looks fine as it is. My nems do that every single night. They deflate and few hours later they plump up.
 
can you mix a supernova anemone with Colorado anemone?
I currently have Colorado Sunbursts and supernovas in my main display (RedSea 525, I run carbon and an oversized UV). I’ve had them in the same baskets before too. But they tend to look very similar to each other at times. So I don’t keep them in the same baskets for extended periods of time for identification purposes. It’s been over 6 months - no issues. I have a friend got a CSB from me to go in his display with his supernova and I’ve heard of a few other people keeping them together without having issues.
 
Ill just repeat this mantra. It is dangerous to mix high end nems with anything else. Yes people have done it successfully but many others have lost their nems over the experiment. Get it by itself and let it totally recover or at least have a separate system prepared and ready to go, the moment you need it.
 
As someone who is going to be looking for a high-end nem this fall, I super appreciate this thread and insights!
 
How old is your tank? BTAs are fairly resilient, but no anemone likes being in a tank that new with fluctuating parameters.

Assuming the anemone is new, they often take a week or two to become fully acclimated. You may see if completely deflate again as it circulates water and adjusts its zooxanthellae population to the light its getting.
 
My colorado ate $500 in fish this week including my clown fish hippo tang 2 bleannys clown tang
 

Attachments

  • 20231219_155309.mp4
    65.7 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new