OP
AceShadow_Reefer

AceShadow_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update for anyone still following this thread or anyone that may have any issues... I followed the advice of some awesome reefers and shielded the CSB on it's rock from the flow so that it barely got any, but made sure it got light. This is how it looks now!!
JPEG_20200328_200831.jpg

all I can say is wow

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks fine as it is. My nems do that every single night. They deflate and few hours later they plump up.

FinaticReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you mix a supernova anemone with Colorado anemone?
I currently have Colorado Sunbursts and supernovas in my main display (RedSea 525, I run carbon and an oversized UV). I’ve had them in the same baskets before too. But they tend to look very similar to each other at times. So I don’t keep them in the same baskets for extended periods of time for identification purposes. It’s been over 6 months - no issues. I have a friend got a CSB from me to go in his display with his supernova and I’ve heard of a few other people keeping them together without having issues.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill just repeat this mantra. It is dangerous to mix high end nems with anything else. Yes people have done it successfully but many others have lost their nems over the experiment. Get it by itself and let it totally recover or at least have a separate system prepared and ready to go, the moment you need it.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who is going to be looking for a high-end nem this fall, I super appreciate this thread and insights!

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who is going to be looking for a high-end nem this fall, I super appreciate this thread and insights!
I'd be embarrassed to write about all the high end nems I lost learning this lesson.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? BTAs are fairly resilient, but no anemone likes being in a tank that new with fluctuating parameters.

Assuming the anemone is new, they often take a week or two to become fully acclimated. You may see if completely deflate again as it circulates water and adjusts its zooxanthellae population to the light its getting.

iamfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My colorado ate $500 in fish this week including my clown fish hippo tang 2 bleannys clown tang

Attachments

• 20231219_155309.mp4
    65.7 MB

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back