Complete Noob

HybridGenetiX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I just joined the forum today. I'm a complete saltwater tank virgin. I did have a fresh water tank a few years ago. I've always wanted a salt tank but lacked the knowledge and funds. It's very intimidating. My life is more stable now and I'm ready to take the plunge.

I'm in the research and planning stage now. I think 75 gallon is a good place to start. I am open to suggestions and feed back. I will be asking tons of questions and I will be documenting my whole journey.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

-Devyn

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.You found the right forum to join and lorn a lot about saltwater aquariums from friendly staff and members :D KJ

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home!

I agree a 75 is a great starter size. It's not too big that's it's really expensive to maintain and buy equipment for, and not too small that any small error could easily crash the whole tank. It's also big enough to put some of the fish you should enjoy in there.

I started with a 75 gallon, myself!

Read up, ask questions, and have fun!

Last edited:

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome !! I agree that a 75 is a great starter size. Doing the research is actually part of the fun, especially with following some other member's builds and seeing their progress and ideas.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @HybridGenetiX !* Sounds like you are off to a perfect start! A large aquarium,research and Reef2Reef!

DSCF1470_zpsnjtwozy_edit_1433942313200.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back