Converting freshwater to saltwater

Deltatail14

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2019
Messages
21
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon tank I was using for freshwater and am wondering if it would be possible to transition it to saltwater with the same bacteria from freshwater. Any ideas
 
I converted my fw 55 gal with no problems. I don’t believe the bacteria will survive the transition.

Agree. You will still want to cycle the tank with saltwater.

You will want to give it a good cleaning between uses anyway...I would think.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new