Converting reef to fish only tank

Robert DeWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
4
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 gallon reef. I’ve been really busy and I’m not home for most of the summer so my family has been taking care of my tank. I’ve already had 2 coral die since they’ve been taking care of it. I’ve been considering converting my tank into a predator tank. In terms of fish atm I have 2 maroon clownfish, yellow watchman goby, and a sailfin Blenny. I used to have a Valentini puffer but had to re home due to him killing my six line wrasse at the time. I’d like to possibly keep along with what I have, valentini puffer, dwarf lion, and frog fish. Would these fish be compatible with what I already have in terms of fish?
 
I would say what you have is max stocked for a 36g. A pair of maroon clownfish alone, when mature will dominant most of the tank. The frogfish and dwarf lionfish will require special care especially in feeding, I would do some research on their feeding challenges and care. A 36g is small for a dwarf lionfish. You will have the same issue as before with the valentini puffer, a crowded small tank will lead to aggression.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new