• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Copepods FS - $15

  • Thread starter Thread starter hollback
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hollback

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
472
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I culture copepods for my system and prefer feeding them over flake or frozen. Every few months my staggered cultures sync and produce more than I need. Now is one of those times again.

I have 8 oz bottles LOADED with hundreds of adult copepods for $15 per bottle. Each bottle contains the equivalent contents of several commercial bottles. Shipping is USPS Priority (usually 2 day delivery) for up to 3 bottles and is $6-$9 depending on where you live. Please pm me your shipping address and I will calculate shipping cost and give you my paypal address. I have ran many tests and the copepods will live in the bottles for 5-7 days. No need for breathable bags or expensive, overnight shipping. Limited supply available.

copepodsMacro1.jpg
 
I have had a lot of responses. I need to make sure I don't over commit to too many bottles. I want to keep the number of pods up to my standards and not short everyone to make a quick buck. I will post again tomorrow if I have more available after filling some bottles that have already been ordered.

Thanks!
 
Ill take two if they are avail. If you only have one ill take that then lol
 
They are a Tigriopus species that came from Essential Live Feeds back in 2004 or 2005. These are different than the Ocean Nutrition "Tigger Pods."

I agree with you...if they are triggers, they will eat all your Copepods.

They will not eat all your other copepods. Please don't trash this thread.
 
I agree with you...if they are triggers, they will eat all your Copepods.

What? I think you are either misreading or are misinformed...

They are a Tigriopus species that came from Essential Live Feeds back in 2004 or 2005. These are different than the Ocean Nutrition "Tigger Pods."

Assuming they were sourced in the US (and not Japan) they are still likely Tigriopus californicus whether they came from Essential Live Feeds or Ocean Nutrition. Also, your pods look good it looks like you are doing a good job with your culture.

CJ
 
Thanks a bunch CJ! And thank you for the info on Tigriopus species.

I know that some harpacticoids are cannibalistic and will eat other copepods if no other food source is present in the aquarium but that shouldn't be much of an issue in our well fed systems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new