Copepods?

Brofessor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've attached a video of me trying to focus in on these tiny jerky-moving things near the sand in my tank. I had just sprayed some Reef Roids on a coral down there and then noticed these things darting all over the place. Hard to focus in with just a photo.

Are these copepods or did my clownfish have fry without me knowing? Am I a proud papa or just a crustacean shepherd?

Edit:
I've been squinting a lot and I noticed that the bigger ones have two tails. And I watched a video and they seem to be copepods.

So mystery already solved. Now I just have to figure out how to keep them alive.

Attachments

• received_705781956499660.mp4
    2.3 MB
Last edited:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've attached a video of me trying to focus in on these tiny jerky-moving things near the sand in my tank. I had just sprayed some Reef Roids on a coral down there and then noticed these things darting all over the place. Hard to focus in with just a photo.

Are these copepods or did my clownfish have fry without me knowing? Am I a proud papa or just a crustacean shepherd?

Edit:
I've been squinting a lot and I noticed that the bigger ones have two tails. And I watched a video and they seem to be copepods.

So mystery already solved. Now I just have to figure out how to keep them alive.

They love Phytoplankton. I got great Phyto from @mitch91175. Great seller.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back