Copper test kits

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to put in a good word in again for Chemets. ... chemetrics.com the copper test kit i really like.. nice thing is i keep my sample from each day i test.. i can see if there is a trend down or up when it is set. reference samples to view when seeing where your copper is at
IMG-7352 (1).JPG
is great.. see the attached pics.. The vials are the samples taken each day.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way.. using Coppersafe.. and it is holding copper levels very nicely. fish are eating and doing well in QT. Went back to old school AT after finding results not as good with other products and methods.. Just my 2 cents..

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Humblefish. Thank you for sharing. I have Copper safe but cant find API test kit. Can i use Salifert instead ??

Unfortunately, for testing chelated copper you need to use a “total copper test kit” such as API’s. I’m searching for a better (and also affordable) solution, because I’m not really a fan of API’s quality control measures (or lack thereof). Unfortunately, I’m striking out left & right. :( Please some company make a better total copper test kit!!!

makubex_05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, for testing chelated copper you need to use a “total copper test kit” such as API’s. I’m searching for a better (and also affordable) solution, because I’m not really a fan of API’s quality control measures (or lack thereof). Unfortunately, I’m striking out left & right. :( Please some company make a better total copper test kit!!!
Thank you for your reply. No choice. I have to use Cupramine + Salifert as it s available here...

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The people who make Copper Power are telling me to use the "Kordon copper test kit" with their product. o_O

I have searched online, and cannot find any copper test kit made by Kordon. Has anyone here ever seen one??

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
/start rant

Whenever I find a new product I'd like to test out, I always contact the mfg to get a feel for the company. I can usually tell by a phone conversation or email exchange if the person on the other end knows what they are doing/talking about. For larger companies, incompetence can be explained away by inept Tech support employees who know little to nothing about the product(s) they are advising me on, but it's especially frustrating when you know you are speaking directly to the owner or someone skilled/high up enough who should know what they are doing.

Medicating fish is an exact science. Lives are at stake, and there is no room for willy-nilly, half assing it. We need copper products that WORK, with a clear & accurate THERAPEUTIC RANGE, and a copper test kit that is both ACCURATE & EASY TO READ.

If YOU can't bring such products to market, THAN I WILL!!!

/end rant

Thank you all for letting me vent some. ;)

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanking you for adding this information. I reached out to your sales department to advise to not send if it does not work in saltwater. Hopefully they received the message. Just FYI Hanna.. maybe I missed it .. but perhaps that information should be made more clearly on your site.. Then again, I did not have my morning cup of coffee before ordering.. thanks

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, when I measure out 5mls from my syringe, it goes past the 5ml mark of the vial. Which one should I go by?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@solitude127 I'm not familiar with that test kit, but it looks like it reads up to 2.0 mg/L (ppm): https://www.sera.de/fileadmin/user_upload/manuals/sourcefiles/04710_sera_Cu-Test_2015-06_INT.pdf

I'm not understanding your other question. Are you talking about 5ml worth of Coppersafe or does this pertain to the test kit??
Sorry for the confusion about the mls. The API kit calls for 5mls of sample water so I use a syringe to take 5mls out of the tank and place in the test vial supplied by the test kit. When all the water from the syringe it places in the vial, it goes past the 5ml line on the test vial.
d46de35c92970fee66fbfd455c6aa58d.jpg

d542f4d96143664b75270637b62be37c.jpg

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go by the syringe.. the bottom of the plunger fills the bottom of the syringe.. your line is correct.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back