Copperband - Blackworm's #1 on list!

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of a lot of people that have not been able to get there copperband to eat, to just have them perish away.. I was not going to get one but when I went to visit my LFS I asked the worker to feed a copperband they had just for kicks thinking he wasn't going to eat, but to my surprise he ate on the spot..

BUT when I brought the copperband home, it was not eating ANYTHING.. So I heard about live fresh water blackworms (NOT BLOODWORMS!) the first time feeding he inspected the food, but the 2nd time he DEVOURED all the blackworms he could get, now he sits infront of the tank waiting for me to feed him.. Basically I just wanted to get this information out there for people who have had trouble getting there copperband to eat or for someone that is looking to purchase one, please get some blackworms for your copperband and your chance of success should be much better!

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will pick at mysis but LOVES chopped scallops. He will take chunks of scallop right out of my sailfin's mouth. Took me a few different things before I found what he would eat. I think it all depends on the fish. Two things he does eat are Aptasia, :) and featherdusters, :( I had two giant featherdusters that were out all the time and beautiful. Since the copperband went into the DT the featherdusters are closed up tight.

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes definitly I agree it depends on the fish without a doubt, I also purchased fresh live clams which I saw him take 1 bite of but after that I didn't see him touch it.......

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+ 1 on scallop, they love it. Watch for flukes too, they are notorious for them.

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing! and making it harder for me to say no to getting one... :O

sent from my phone.

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having trouble getting mine to really eat much of anything for about a week...then I fed live backwards for about 5 days. They gave him the strength and confidence I think that first two weeks and he is now eating quite well. So long obnoxious feather duster farm...hello happy CBB!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not live backwards...live blackworms...I love auto correct!

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never met a healthy Cbb (not poisoned caught) that did not eat black worms.

BW are very fat rich in oil which make them one of the best live foods. Too bad most lfs do not carry them often.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having trouble getting mine to really eat much of anything for about a week...then I fed live backwards for about 5 days. They gave him the strength and confidence I think that first two weeks and he is now eating quite well. So long obnoxious feather duster farm...hello happy CBB!

That's good, blackworms are life savers for these kind of fish IMO! Definitely gets them to eat..

I have never met a healthy Cbb (not poisoned caught) that did not eat black worms.

BW are very fat rich in oil which make them one of the best live foods. Too bad most lfs do not carry them often.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Yes, but you can always order them if you don't mind the shipping - a good place is aquaticfoods.com

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of.m faborite fish. Ive tried twice only to have them perish. Ive tried clams and all that exept backwards i mean blackworms :p where can one find these live worms?

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of.m faborite fish. Ive tried twice only to have them perish. Ive tried clams and all that exept backwards i mean blackworms :p where can one find these live worms?

Aw, yea I wouldn't recommend even trying this fish if you do not have blackworms - they are almost guaranteed to eat blackworms, so you'll have a much better rate of success if you get them some worms!

Some LFS carry them but not all, you can always order them online at 2 sites I recommend which are:

aquaticfoods.com

and

easternaquatics.com

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back