Copperband In QT

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a copperband I currently have in QT.

I bought it on the 11th of September and 18 days into its QT I noticed a few white spots on its tail. I started copper treatment on the 27th of September. I used cupramine and followed the instructions so the therapeutic level was not reached until the the 29th of September.

It has been at 0.5 mg/l for 11 days now and i test daily with a salifert copper test kit but the spots on its tail look exactly the same, the pic below shows them quite well.

The fish looks really healthy and is eating Mysis RS Liquid Feed, Frozen Brine Shrimp with Garlic and frozen Copepods. It will eat as much as I give it and I'm feeding 3 times a day.

Just worried that I'm coming to the end of the two weeks of cupramine but don't seem to see any sign of the spots on its tail disappearing?

This is the first time I've QT'd a fish after learning the hard way!
20181009_193340.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this ^^^ Just remember brine shrimp has very little nutritional value. Some live black or white worms, or frozen then thawed clams, etc. to give the CBB some real protein, etc. would be a great addition to help relieve the lympho condition.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd finish the cooper treatment.When I treat fish I also treat for flukes with prazipro. My CB loves raw shrimp cut up in little pieces.

OP
OP
Harris3005

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd finish the cooper treatment.When I treat fish I also treat for flukes with prazipro. My CB loves raw shrimp cut up in little pieces.
I'll try some raw shrimp, thanks! I wasn't too worried about it's eating, I had hoped the mysis and copepods would make up for the brine shrimps lack of good stuff. I forgot to mention it loves masstick too so I though it would be getting enough nutrition.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finish copper. This is common with butterfly and angel fish. Add selcon or vitachem to your frozen foods and try to keep pristine water. This is a virus and will go away on its own.

OP
OP
Harris3005

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finish copper. This is common with butterfly and angel fish. Add selcon or vitachem to your frozen foods and try to keep pristine water. This is a virus and will go away on its own.
Ok Thanks very much for all your help, I've just ordered some Vitachem along with some live foods.

OP
OP
Harris3005

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the vitachem arrived and I'm wondering if I can use it to make up some masstick? I'm thinking instead of water I'll use the vita chem to moisten the masstick? Anyone ever done this?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back