Copperband trying to fight YT

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do CBB try to fight back frequently? This one and the YT really seem to want to go at it. Hopefully it subsides.

Just to clarify, I am not surprised they are fighting. It just seemed interesting to me that the CBB was trying to get at the YT. My experience has been that CBB are typically the first to shy away from an aggressor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same colors usually invite fighting.
Yea, agreed. I was interested because it seemed like the CBB wanted to go at the YT, which I just thought was uncharacteristic. Nothing out of the ordinary for the YT.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do CBB try to fight back frequently? This one and the YT really seem to want to go at it. Hopefully it subsides.

Just to clarify, I am not surprised they are fighting. It just seemed interesting to me that the CBB was trying to get at the YT. My experience has been that CBB are typically the first to shy away from an aggressor.

I have zero issues and when you go to release them both should be temporary. I have 6 yellows and as you can see in pic play well with my CBB. Theyve been together at least 5 years

1686437628732.png

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look like fighting to me, or at least the CBB doesn’t know it lol. CBBs usually use their dorsal fins as a defense when threatened.

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Getting a healthy CBB often means an aggressive one. I’ve got a CBB which 4 years on is my most aggressive fish (And I have Angels and a Tang), she’s the first to get to the food in feedings and she despises nee non-wrasse additions. They do die down however you’ll still see bickering in the future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back