coquina clams & sand fleas

  • Thread starter Thread starter jiffy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jiffy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
951
Reaction score
6
Location
FLA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef safe? I would think they would be great sand sifters.
 
That thread says that they will most certainly die in your system and could even pass parasites onto other animals in your system. I say no way. Stick to normal clean up crew animals.
 
lol yea I dumped the bucket up the road after I read that. but by then most of the sand fleas had died anyways, and they were all stuck behind the small water pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new