Coral Acclimation

David Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Will be receiving my corals from @WWC on Friday. After temperature acclimation then dipping the corals. Do i have to put all the corals i purchased on the sand bed for a few days or more? Do i need to lower my light intensity? I have Kessil A360w btw. If i lower it down, how long until I put it back to normal? Any details will be appreciated. Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Will be receiving my corals from @WWC on Friday. After temperature acclimation then dipping the corals. Do i have to put all the corals i purchased on the sand bed for a few days or more? Do i need to lower my light intensity? I have Kessil A360w btw. If i lower it down, how long until I put it back to normal? Any details will be appreciated. Thanks
How are you controlling the Kessils? The Spectral controller? Apex? If its the spectral controller you can run an acclimation period. Otherwise yes i'd start on the sand bed so they're not blasted with light and slowly move them up.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC runs pretty intense lighting over their corals to begin with so they probably won't need too long to acclimate to your kessils. The shipment I got from them recently did very well with adjusting to my Maxspect Ethereal. I initially placed them on a rack close to the sand bed but they all looked great so went ahead and moved them up and they perked up some more from that.

OP
OP
David Nguyen

David Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you controlling the Kessils? The Spectral controller? Apex? If its the spectral controller you can run an acclimation period. Otherwise yes i'd start on the sand bed so they're not blasted with light and slowly move them up.
I use the spectral controller. If i use the acclimation period setting. How long should i run it for and will that effect my existing corals?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the spectral controller. If i use the acclimation period setting. How long should i run it for and will that effect my existing corals?
I would do like 5 to 7 days.

OP
OP
David Nguyen

David Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wouldn't effect the corals that are in my tank already?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wouldn't effect the corals that are in my tank already?
Nope :) Corals in the wild can go over a week without light during stormy weather :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back