Coral banded shark egg hatch

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Make sure to get them on an Iodine supplement as soon as possible, you can try Mazuri vitamins, but mine always spit those out. Now I just drip a pure iodine supplement over shrimp/krill and they'll eat that no problem. Also, not sure what your aquascape looks like but make sure it is secured with epoxy or something of the like. They will knock it over as they are insanely strong swimmers and like to burrow under rocks when the lights are on. Good luck to you they are by far my favorite fish in my tank.

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you know yet if it's a banded catshark or a marbled coral catshark? Big difference between the 2.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know yet if it's a banded catshark or a marbled coral catshark? Big difference between the 2.
It ended up being a banded bamboo. I donated it to a LFS who could better care for it. I got it eating and everything. It was awesome experience. But I am now selling my tank. Going to focus on my clownfish breeding project.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It ended up being a banded bamboo. I donated it to a LFS who could better care for it. I got it eating and everything. It was awesome experience. But I am now selling my tank. Going to focus on my clownfish breeding project.
Anti climax for sure.
you had this alien capsule in your hands..moving around..something I have never seen before (unsure about others) and was following your journey as I was fascinated, good luck with your aquarium:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anti climax for sure.
you had this alien capsule in your hands..moving around..something I have never seen before (unsure about others) and was following your journey as I was fascinated, good luck with your aquarium:)
My tank had 1k of sps that crashed for no apparent reason. Instead of waiting for something worse to happen I decided it was in my sharks best interest to move it to a better place! Lucky I did really because the second hand chiller I bought leached copper into my tank. This caused pretty much all the coral to die and I sold my fish because it crashed the hood biological bacteria. No fish were harmed.

I had a poly pad and ICP confirm copper. Then used cupermine to remove and sold the tank so I could better spend my time with my family and work on the project that got me into the hobby.

sorry for the let down guys. I actually was taking care of a smooth hound at work while taking care of this guy. It was a great learning experience on both fronts. Both sharks need a crazy big tank when full grown. I wish I could have done more!
Let me know if you guys had any questions about the whole process and if you are interested I can explain more on what I did for both sharks.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you burp it???
Each end of the egg is naturally open and it allows water to slowly change the water. This is where when it is pulled out of the water it causes air to get inside.
Make sure the egg is fully submerged and point of the the two pointed ends towards the surface. Then gently squeeze the middle part of the egg. This will allow gas exchange(water or expel air).

I would also gently flip the egg over and try and make sure all the air is released.

you can also use a razor to scrap away the outer layer of the egg so you can more clearly see inside the egg without taking it out of the water. This will not hurt the egg and should not cause any problems if done the correct way seeing as you are not supposed to cut/go with the blade. Instead you are supposed to scrap it the opposing way. This will remove the dark layer and will allow you to shine a light from the outside of your glass to look at them.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anti climax for sure.
I might start a segment of new shark care. We just ended up making on of our work tanks into a shark and stingray tank. This will allow me to care for these animals more closely and might even allow me to help you guys learn new things with this hobby. (Specifically shark keeping)
If I do I will start a new thread and post the link in this thread.
My boss wants shark eggs and also different Kinds of sharks. We have a short tail nurse shark and California horned shark rn.

jjjones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each end of the egg is naturally open and it allows water to slowly change the water. This is where when it is pulled out of the water it causes air to get inside.
Make sure the egg is fully submerged and point of the the two pointed ends towards the surface. Then gently squeeze the middle part of the egg. This will allow gas exchange(water or expel air).

I would also gently flip the egg over and try and make sure all the air is released.

you can also use a razor to scrap away the outer layer of the egg so you can more clearly see inside the egg without taking it out of the water. This will not hurt the egg and should not cause any problems if done the correct way seeing as you are not supposed to cut/go with the blade. Instead you are supposed to scrap it the opposing way. This will remove the dark layer and will allow you to shine a light from the outside of your glass to look at them.
Awesome!! Thank you for this response! I will definitely have to try scraping it, but not this one. I’ll do the next one lol

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty peeps. I have some more eggs and new videos for the brownbanded bamboo shark eggs.
Will be doing some care videos and I have the first video up on TikTok. Also shared across my other social media platforms for my LFS I work at. Here is the link. I will probably post some more tips and tricks along the way to help make these guys easier to care for!

Back