Coral Beauty Angelfish

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of adding one of these to my display. Trying to get advice from people who have (or have had) them in their tanks. My two biggest concerns are that a) the angelfish will pick at my corals or b) will be aggressive towards the other fish already in the system (clownfish, lawnmower blenny, diamond goby, and potentially a fairy wrasse of some kind). What experiences have people had with these fish?

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everyone's experience is different because it's also personality dependent on the fish. But, I believe most suggestions include:
1. Add the angelfish last
2. Accept that the fish may eat coral, if you want the fish, accept eaten corals. If corals matter more, don't get the fish and don't risk it.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had an issue with mine. I've had for 6 months
I’ve always had a CB in at least one of my tanks since 1973! Usually ‘paired’ with a flame angel. Never a problem, but that is not a guarantee for others.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No dwarf is 100% reef safe. It’s up to the individual and what you value the most. Personally fish > corals for me so I’m totally willing to take the risk.

Coral Beauty
Flame
The “Pygmy” Angels

Are often kept in reefs with success.

@OrionN

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and gets along with everyone else fine, haven’t seen it bother my corals EXCEPT when I spot feed my dendros. The beauty and a yellow Coris are the only ones that pick the food out. My suggestion if u have corals that you spot feed is use a cover when you feed them

Back