Coral Beauty

Pianoman

Mini Master Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I have a 30g tall and I'm doing SPS and Zoa only. But since SPS and Zoas dont move around alot I'm wanting a really cool fish. I'm think Coral Beauty. If your a tang police and your just going to destroy this forum then make your own. I'm not going to mean to it because I'm going to get the smallest one I can find. The 30g is pretty big and I have seen multiple tangs in one. But back to the story I just want to know if anyone has had luck with them and tips on keeping them alive.

:nerd:

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauties are very hardy fish, but that is not really the issue. Any species of the angel family are known pickers. I would not suggest putting any species of angel in a tank that has polyps of any sort. Now this is just my experience with them. As a family the pygmy angels are very hit or miss. Some people cannot get one to stop picking others have no problems with the same fish. I have had 3 different types of pygmy's and each one picked at something different. Bicolor Angel- Picked at just about everything. Flame Angel- Picked at SPS. Coral Beauty- Picked at polyps.

Thats just my opinion,

Matt

OP
OP
Pianoman

Pianoman

Mini Master Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauties are very hardy fish, but that is not really the issue. Any species of the angel family are known pickers. I would not suggest putting any species of angel in a tank that has polyps of any sort. Now this is just my experience with them. As a family the pygmy angels are very hit or miss. Some people cannot get one to stop picking others have no problems with the same fish. I have had 3 different types of pygmy's and each one picked at something different. Bicolor Angel- Picked at just about everything. Flame Angel- Picked at SPS. Coral Beauty- Picked at polyps.

Thats just my opinion,

Matt

Thats what Mid-West Reefs told my dad and I yesterday. Since my tank has just 3 SPS and about 9 Zoa frags I will prob. try one. The one at Mid-West Reefs had one that woudn't eat though. Sadly it was perfect size just less than 2 inches. . .

Oh well better luck next time I guess?! :eek:oh:

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a coral beauty and loved it, right up until it started muching on my zoas and palys. Had to basically dismantle the tank to get him out. lesson learned. They are great looking fish and very hardy but beware and keep an eye on him if you decide to get one.

Dr. Frag

The Megalodon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They Pick At Like Clams And Stuff, But Not Bad Like Other Angels. Your Corals Will Survive. They Are Good Fish That Are Ableto Look Nice In The Worst Of Conditions. If You Want, It Get It.

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I have a 30g tall and I'm doing SPS and Zoa only. But since SPS and Zoas dont move around alot I'm wanting a really cool fish. I'm think Coral Beauty. If your a tang police and your just going to destroy this forum then make your own. I'm not going to mean to it because I'm going to get the smallest one I can find. The 30g is pretty big and I have seen multiple tangs in one. But back to the story I just want to know if anyone has had luck with them and tips on keeping them alive.

:nerd:
I have a 60gal reef. I have had a Corl Beauty in this tank for the last 5 years. They are realy easy to keep aline. The fish has never even looked at a coral to munch on.

OP
OP
Pianoman

Pianoman

Mini Master Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well your comments are very convincing so alright you guys talked me into it for real this time!

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine nipped at all my corals, even killed a large yellow polyps colony at the time. Intelligent fish, wont nip when you are watching the tank. Didnt touch my clam though

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back