Coral dip without QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter EricB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EricB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2013
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys use as a coral dip? Got some frag swaps coming up but I do not have a coral QT.
 
I have a QT for fish that I would like to also use for corals. I've only treated fish using hypo so it's not like there's been anything leaching into the silicone. I just need to either fix the MH that's on it, or upgrade to LED's (which is what I'd like to do since my DT is lit with LED's).

What is the benefit of Bayer over commercial SW products like ReVive and Coral RX?
 
With all the crazy bugs out there. Not having a QT strategy is not a good plan. Coral frags don't need a big tank. 5.5 gallon tanks are cheap to set up.
An a small watt par 38 bulb, small heater and a hang on the back filter is all that is needed.
 
I use to use ReVive and fell like bayer is 10 times better. ReVive left some flatworms on a rock and I havent had any problems with bayer not doing its job. Just make sure you use a small powerhead because it dosnt really kill flatworms it just stuns them
 
3 to 4 weeks. As Aefw have a 21 day hatching period.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new