Coral ID please?

Nelliy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
AUSTRALIA
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold to me as an acan but the texture and shape of polyps to me Seem like it might be otherwise, hard to See with a camera the fine texture. I have acan lords and echinacea And haven’t quite seen an acan like this, I am starting to doubt it’s an acan species. Any help guys?
51AF1AD5-EE03-4319-8D9F-F4AD3383C26F.jpeg
72919A53-AB37-407D-A37C-BB4B57BE1DF8.jpeg
02B4244A-94C0-4194-8333-E73593254335.jpeg
 
Well, it's definitely not an Acan Lord, which is actually Micromuss lordhowensis now, which is confusing.

I could see how someone would guess A. echinata, but the polyps on that species are a little less divided and more irregularly shaped.

I would go with one of the Favia, Favites, Goniastrea....and I can't tell those three apart, despite lots of trying.
 
Hello and welcome to R2R...looks like fav family to me ;)

giphy.gif
 
Thank you guys! I was thinking the same a fav type. Looking at the polyp shape and texture (ribbed lines) just didn’t sit right with me when they said acan.
B06C8958-AFF7-4349-B689-99701C040EA1.jpeg
 
agree- Favia
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new