Coral ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cemmerts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cemmerts

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
57
Reaction score
83
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody at the store seemed to know Exactly what it is other than an SPS...thanks

image.jpg
 
Should there be visible polyps? Even the big one didn’t have any obvious polyps. It seemed to just have a very vibrant green flesh, which appeared smooth.
 
Awe that’s to bad:( the larger one looked similar, so I didn’t think much of it. Any chance of saving it?
 
It could recover with stable conditions and food, there's no telling right now though. If it's too far into polyp bailout it likely won't stop
 
It could recover with stable conditions and food, there's no telling right now though. If it's too far into polyp bailout it likely won't stop

I’ll do my best. I have a strong light, I have him at the top. There is good flow, he is close to a power head. Parameters are stable (Ca 440, alk 9.9, NH3 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0.2, sp grav 1.0245, phos just above 0, pH 8.2, temp 77.0). I can feed him routinely. No other corals close to him.

It sucks to get a half dead frag, but I’ll be even happier if I can save him from the LFS and bring him back to good health.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new