Coral ID

Albertstank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
40
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you experts.

I picked up a tank off Craigslist that was up and running. This guy was included. Not sure if anyone can tell from this picture what he is. I have only really dabbled in soft corals and would love to know more about it so I can try and coax him back to health a bit.

Thanks!
SPS.jpg
 
Polyps are actually too small to be that of a chalice and the plates of the coral its self is too thin to be a chalice and quite on par with a plating monti’s thickness. I’d say try to elevate it so that sand dont settle on it. And give it more flow.
 
+1 Hollywood stunner chalice. The ones I have seen plate much thinner than Montis.
 
OP if possible, take a picture of this coral again with white lights. If you could get a closeup of the skeleton, it would easier to determine.

if you could even get a closeup of the polyps/corallites, we’ll likely have a definitive answer.
 
Last edited:
Could be a sunset monti actually.
Very consistent with green polyps but it's stressed so the color is bleached.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new