Coral identification

bobbyjoe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
bahamas
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please ID this coral for me!

 
It looks like an anemone that is mostly turned inside out. Collection location may help with a more specific ID.
 
It looks like an anemone that is mostly turned inside out. Collection location may help with a more specific ID.
I got it from a tide pool in the Bahamas, I believe after doing some more research that it is a warty sea anemone!
 
That is possible. I have a couple of warty sea anemones that I have had for a few years. They change shape and color a fair amount. Please know that they are not especially friendly
 
That is possible. I have a couple of warty sea anemones that I have had for a few years. They change shape and color a fair amount. Please know that they are not especially friendly
When you say not friendly do you think it’s a bad to keep them with my two clownfish which have already been in the tank for a year now? I know with other reef fish the sting would probably get them killed and eaten but I thought the clowns would be ok because of their immunity to anemones. Is this a bad idea?
 
It is a risk, but I have kept a pair of clownfish in the tank with my wartys for a couple of years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new