Coral names

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I went to the aquarium store today and the guy gave me couple corals :) I forgot their names, can someone help me? Also, how can I take care of them?

Here is some pictures:

IMG_2044.jpg IMG_2045.jpg IMG_2047.jpg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Star polyps on the sand, Kenya Tree up top. Not sure about the middle. Can you send a closer/clearer picture?

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Star polyps on the sand, Kenya Tree up top. Not sure about the middle. Can you send a closer/clearer picture?

I appreciate your response. How do I take care of them? I bought this nutrients and feeder. Any recommendations of how to feed them?

IMG_2052.PNG IMG_2053.PNG 61ANnfdxh5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg 71zxJj2OLWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71J76+lqSQL._AC_SL1233_.jpg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle might be Blastos. I am still unsure so you’ll have to check to be sure. You would mix the reef roids in a small container with some tank water, and then use the squirted to slowly release the reef roids near the corals. Be sure to take it very easy on the amount of foods used. For three corals I would use half a pea or less

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the ones on the bottom are clove polyps. similar to star polyps. both can easily spread throughout your tank. Many consider them to be pests. I know I do. They can easily catch what they need from the water column. I wouldn't feed them a thing on purpose. They'll spread fast enough as it is.

The middle one does appear to be a blastomussa wellsi. Small bits of meaty food occasionally and it will be happy.

The one on top I'm having trouble with. There's a bleached looking birdsnest? at the top left and then in the upper middle what appears to be a soft coral of some sort but I don't think it's a kenya tree.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back