Coral quarantine minimum size

Muffin87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
471
Reaction score
282
Location
Italy / UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a small apartment, and I'm wondering how small can a coral quarantine be, provided I only want to test for Alkalinity once a week?

I realise that Alkalinity consumption is not gonna be huge in a quarantine tank, but still.
 
I live in a small apartment, and I'm wondering how small can a coral quarantine be, provided I only want to test for Alkalinity once a week?

I realise that Alkalinity consumption is not gonna be huge in a quarantine tank, but still.
You should be ok with a 10 gallon tank not much room but if you can make it work with the equipment and other stuff. I wouldn’t go smaller personally.
 
Doesn't really matter as long as the corals have flow and light and aren't getting blasted. It gets hard to not do too much flow in a tiny tank I suppose.
 
What about a DT such as a 15 gallon. I see many people are able to keep their levels up doing 50% WC on their QT tank, but if a DT only does a 10%-20% WC weekly on a 15 gal, that is only 1.5 - 3 gals weekly on a QT tank, which dependent on how many corals are in the tank, may not be able to keep levels up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new