OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full and immediate refund from TSM. A real stand up operation. Will continue to use them as my first choice for fish.
Glad it worked out for you! I'm more then happy with what I've been offered. I personally prefer the replacements because I got them during a live sale.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for your losses... :(

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this dead thread back to life. Just got the notification that my replacement corals have just shipped out!! Super excited but also worried... what are my odds that it gets stuck in Louisville again, I just saw in my reef club that someone got a generator stuck in Louisville through UPS:rolleyes:

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this dead thread back to life. Just got the notification that my replacement corals have just shipped out!! Super excited but also worried... what are my odds that it gets stuck in Louisville again, I just saw in my reef club that someone got a generator stuck in Louisville through UPS:rolleyes:

I had an overnight coral shipment go through Louisville last night and I got it this morning no problem.

Now, do they look anything like they did in the sale photo? well... I probably won't be doing online sales anymore

First time, and some of thee saddest frags I've seen.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an overnight coral shipment go through Louisville last night and I got it this morning no problem.

Now, do they look anything like they did in the sale photo? well... I probably won't be doing online sales anymore

First time, and some of thee saddest frags I've seen.
Well that’s great to hear!... the first part. Hopefully they’ll color up some for ya when they get comfortable in your tank and look more like what you paid for.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are we ordering coral in the winter? Wait till it warms up. Coral sales happen year round. Use some common sense. If it's cold enough that if there's a delay in shipping your coral will perish, wait to order.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are we ordering coral in the winter? Wait till it warms up. Coral sales happen year round. Use some common sense. If it's cold enough that if there's a delay in shipping your coral will perish, wait to order.
Because of live sales :p
If the vendor feels comfortable and I know they’ll take care of me why shouldn’t I be comfortable as well.

William Morris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of live sales :p
If the vendor feels comfortable and I know they’ll take care of me why shouldn’t I be comfortable as well.
I wouldn't count on the vendor taking care of you everytime something goes wrong. They have explicit language in their terms of service that you have to agree with to place the order.

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted, great to hear you are getting replacements sent out

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of states have been in the 70's-80s this week. calm down.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't count on the vendor taking care of you everytime something goes wrong. They have explicit language in their terms of service that you have to agree with to place the order.
Very true but most vendors will help in at least some way as it’s a horrible look on their part if people know they’re not gonna be taken care of.
Keep us posted, great to hear you are getting replacements sent out
Just woke up and it made it through everywhere and is out for delivery!

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The package just got delivered. Everything looks a LOT healthier then last time. A little disappointed because some of the stuff was smaller then what I bought, like I got a one head candy cane when the last one was two. It’s understandable though, and no freebies :confused:
I really can’t complain though because they easily could’ve chose not to replace them. We’ll see how they look after a dip and once they’re in!! :p

lylesobba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re all goners :(
Any of the ones that did have some flesh left are literally bleaching more and more by the hour
Still holding out for the zoas. Might do an iodine dip in a couple days if they don’t open up

0C4A169B-CA0E-4CD6-9D6F-06653D1C9F07.jpeg 6C2C610F-EEEF-42E7-871E-327EFDD6F8F7.jpeg 21589F72-EE57-42B1-B205-48B62520220C.jpeg
Sorry to hijack your post... how many days was your shipment? I was supposed to receive a shipment by Friday at noon from Worldwide Coral. FedEx changed the delivery date to sometime Monday. I’m pretty worried for the 18 frags... how bad is it going to be?

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hijack your post... how many days was your shipment? I was supposed to receive a shipment by Friday at noon from Worldwide Coral. FedEx changed the delivery date to sometime Monday. I’m pretty worried for the 18 frags... how bad is it going to be?
It was shipped on a Wednesday for Thursday and didn’t come until Monday. I only had one that came completely DOA (shroom) and all the others looked horrible. They slowly bleached and within a week everything was completely dead except for the zoas but those melted within a week and a half (never opened)

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A huge shout out to Ramon and the team @AquaSD for sending me replacement corals after the unforseen Kentucky freeze that shut down the Kentucky UPS hub delaying my shipment resulting in all corals arriving DOA. New shipment came in on time and in good health as expected. @AquaSD turned a miserable experience due to weather into a positive by taking great care of me and as I understand a few others as well. So glad I buy from this reputable Reef2Reef vendor, and will continue to do so.

Kovenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question Guys, if UPS mishandled and delayed your shipment and your coral dies, are they responsible to pay for it ?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question Guys, if UPS mishandled and delayed your shipment and your coral dies, are they responsible to pay for it ?
When you say mishandled, do you mean damage to the packaging or late arrival so the corals died?

Will also depend on what service was paid for, unlikely to cover live corals.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know UPS specific policy b/c I’ve never had issues w/them, but FedEx doesn’t allow consumers to file claims, only the retailer. So a consumer’s recourse is with the retailer.

I filed a claim w/FedEx once thinking b/c of the “we’re not responsible” vendor disclaimers it was on me to handle — claim got denied and FedEx said I needed to contact the vendor and have them file a claim. So the vendor is indeed responsible for shipments they send out, not us.

Back