Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterlizer size?

Benny Gyger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a 120gal reef. Looking to get a coralife Turbo Twist UV sterilizer. Should I get one double the gallon rating like usually for a protein skimmer or get the 9w rated for 125 gallon?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hands down the trick with uv is to get the biggest oversized model you can fit, something meant for a pond is ideal I used one like that all through the 90s. so if TT was your desired brand, id simply get the biggest overage you can $ and fit. since we're burning stuff w them, you want the most burn and nice med/slow pass through possible to get the best effect of this cheat. uv is great when oversized. correctly sized, we have to just get lucky.

OP
OP
Benny Gyger

Benny Gyger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hands down the trick with uv is to get the biggest oversized model you can fit, something meant for a pond is ideal I used one like that all through the 90s. so if TT was your desired brand, id simply get the biggest overage you can $ and fit. since we're burning stuff w them, you want the most burn and nice med/slow pass through possible to get the best effect of this cheat. uv is great when oversized. correctly sized, we have to just get lucky.

Cool! I figured I'd try one as I heard good things. I have everything else for my reef tank so won't hurt to try

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I particularly love amazon. when things don't work out sellers typically have 30 day mbg's less stocking fees. that kind of convenience gives them a corner in the see if it wow's me before actually buying market.

many LFS honor the same, good to consider when buying. have to check to see

in the 90s my grandma took her giant 4 tube array 800$ sterilizer off her koi pond and I put it on a 75 gallon tank with years long cyano issues I ran it ten more yrs not ever cyano ever again, even with more lax care. my setup was a sterilizer meant for a ten thousand gallon koi pond on a 75 gallon tank. perfection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Benny Gyger

Benny Gyger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I particularly love amazon. when things don't work out sellers typically have 30 day mbg's less stocking fees. that kind of convenience gives them a corner in the see if it wow's me before actually buying market.

many LFS honor the same, good to consider when buying. have to check to see

in the 90s my grandma took her giant 4 tube array 800$ sterilizer off her koi pond and I put it on a 75 gallon tank with years long cyano issues (90s = white lighting, cruddy sandbeds were the rage, cyano fuel lol we had to cheat) I ran it ten more yrs not ever cyano ever again, even with more lax care. my setup was a sterilizer meant for a ten thousand gallon koi pond on a 75 gallon tank. perfection.
That's pretty cool. I don't plan to get a huge pond one due to space. I don't really have any issues with my tank other than a very little bit of glass algae growth. But I added 2 reactors with Rowaphos and carbon and it seems to fixed that issue. I just hear a UV will kill free swimming parasites. But I heard get small so the flow is very slow and not fast.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back