Coraline Accelerators

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within the next couple months I'm going to setting up a 65 gallon, I've got the tank and the sump and the plumbing done, but not my scape. I'm more likely than not going to go with an NSA style scape for this build as I'm not in a huge rush to get it going. With that said since I'll be using Marco rock I was curious who all has used any of the coraline accelerators (pink/purple from BRS, red sea, etc.), and your experiences from using them.

Did it make a difference, or more of a gimmick? I've always seeded with established live rock in the past, and this will be my first dry rock only build.

More than likely I'll probably put some established live rock in the sump for a few weeks to try to get things going, but after that I'd more than likely move the live rock back to the other tank and then possibly dose one of these accelerators, or maybe all!?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve had best success in the past keeping calcium levels at 450 and adding purple up which is a coraline accelerator

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with all Marco Rock. Basef, Rubble, Shelf to put my Aquascape together. I tried several different types of accelerators. After I bought my calcium up to 440 all I got in return was a purple slime algae. So I called it quits on accelerates. Today, I bought some livestock and it was the first time I took notice that they sold live rock. Encrusted with coralline @ $5.99a lb. No minimum.

It looks simply great in the tank. The large piece, I cut in half. Which made 2 shelves. And three smaller pieces I placed around the tank. Now I finally have it seeded

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back