Coralline algae introduction

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bdejong, just read throught your build...very nice. So I am assuming your would like to jump start your coralline growth. I posted earlier that I was about to cycle with Dr. Tim's but noticed this also has the bacteria...your thoughts?

Thanks on the build. It was and still is a blast and a work in progress. This is as you stated, just a jump start for coraline. Figured for 20 I would jump in and keep everyone posted on the progress. Now, truth be tild, my tank is a 220g and I am only going to use 1 bottle. I assume they would prefer me to use 4 but I am currious if one bottle will work, even if its a lottle slower.

For cycling, cant say. I did the fishless with dosing amonium chloride following the instructions in the cycling sticky here on R2R. I used Dr Tims and bio spira. Cocktail of bacteria for sure but the tank cycled quickly and was rock solid afterwards. Sure beats using fish like in the past.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i say lets all keep in touch with our progress with this product. I marked it in my calendar when i dosed.

Deal! I’ll be updating on this thread
Following along. Was there any mention of the specific colors of the different strains? I am thinking of adding just to diversify my tank.

yankeeboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some this morning ;) Cant wait to get it! $20 is a great deal

I ordered this on Amazon Saturday to get a new tank up and running during a move. I also called them and spoke w them and sounds legit. Hopeful at least [emoji16]

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neo, was that dry rock you are curing? Or was it live at one point?
I was about to use Dr Tim's One and Only tomorrow to start cycling before I ran into this Purple Haze stuff...Hmm, making me reconsider. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
Mine was dry rock. I would cycle with dr tims get that done then do this. Just my thoughts and what I’m doing

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. Was there any mention of the specific colors of the different strains? I am thinking of adding just to diversify my tank.
he did tell me on the phone, but i dont remember:eek:. He said he guarantees at least 6 different species per bottle, and that 3 or 4 would like your tank. He said hes hoping to have at least ten per bottle in the future, after they get their new shop. They took a beating from irma and are setting up a new shop.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks on the build. It was and still is a blast and a work in progress. This is as you stated, just a jump start for coraline. Figured for 20 I would jump in and keep everyone posted on the progress. Now, truth be tild, my tank is a 220g and I am only going to use 1 bottle. I assume they would prefer me to use 4 but I am currious if one bottle will work, even if its a lottle slower.

For cycling, cant say. I did the fishless with dosing amonium chloride following the instructions in the cycling sticky here on R2R. I used Dr Tims and bio spira. Cocktail of bacteria for sure but the tank cycled quickly and was rock solid afterwards. Sure beats using fish like in the past.
Interesting let us know how it works I am about to start my build as soon as my tank is done

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, gonna take pictures of the tank do you can see what was already there. Then do refular pictures as I see growth... one thing I absolutely cant stand is dead threads. I try my best to always post final results.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Interested to see how this works for y'all.

D805

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as well. I have about 50 lbs of the BRS dry Pukani that I've been cycling for the past 4 months.

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this bottle of purple helix from ARC reef and got it about 3 weeks ago and added it that night! A week later I already saw purple little tiny spots all over the tank! And now, a total of 3 weeks later they just keep getting bigger and bigger!!! I have a 75 gallon and it says that one bottle is good for a 55 gallon so was kinda thinking about ordering another bottle! But the great thing about this and coraline in general is that it will help battle and ultimately defeat nuisance algae!!!! REALLY GOOD PRODUCT!!!!!

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this bottle of purple helix from ARC reef and got it about 3 weeks ago and added it that night! A week later I already saw purple little tiny spots all over the tank! And now, a total of 3 weeks later they just keep getting bigger and bigger!!! I have a 75 gallon and it says that one bottle is good for a 55 gallon so was kinda thinking about ordering another bottle! But the great thing about this and coraline in general is that it will help battle and ultimately defeat nuisance algae!!!! REALLY GOOD PRODUCT!!!!!
Great to hear!

OP
OP
W Haymaker

W Haymaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the rock structure I'm going with for it. I pick up my Fluval 60M 24g this weekend my bottle should arrive tomorrow or the next. Hopefully dumping it in Sunday.
b4f8a2881f86af6caad9f7d767f328f5.jpg

Whysohigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this spike or change any parameters at all when dumping a whole bottle in? PH, phosphates, alkalinity?

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Can you take a pic? I’m curious too see the various ‘types’ of coraline appearing in the tank.

Young@Heart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I put my tank together I used a mix of Dry and Live Rock. Had some coralline get in on a coral frag. In any case it is in my system. I even have a snail whose shell is covered in it. Gives him good camo though. Coralline is good, but you do have to watch it. I don't know if you have a Glass or Acrylic tank, but Coralline will grown on either surface. I have a 180 Custom Acrylic Tank and I use an acrylic scraper to keep the main display tank clear (it is a Peninsula tank so I have 3 sides to worry about). I had a 55 Gall Glass that I used a Glass Scraper it to keep the coralline under control. Watch the Acrylic - easy to scratch!

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one week? wow. Ill be at a week this saturday. I havnt really looked closely yet, and i already have some existing coralline in there. I will be looking for new colors, indicating that the product worked.

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still trying to get coraline but having no luck. I started using Red Sea KH Gro almost a week ago but still see no signs. Tank has been up and running for about a year now, is it too late to try this stuff or not? 65 gallon tank, 10 gallon fuge, sump, 45 lbs. Fiji dry live rock from BRS

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back