Coralline algae introduction

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man I was surprised to see new little tiny purple spots everywhere in my tank only a week later after adding that purple helix!! In some spots now I see a different strain of like a pink color coraline, like on arc reefs premium live rock! I guess those little spots will just keep growing and growing bigger and bigger? What is the best coraline accelerator to add to help it grow without causing any problems with the tank in any way?
The best accelerator is keeping your alk/cal/mag stable. Also, coralline doesn't like high PAR, and seems to love blue spectrum. It will take off in the lower PAR areas of your tank. Yes, those little spots will grow larger and larger. Mine grows in overlapping expanding circular patterns.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best accelerator is keeping your alk/cal/mag stable. Also, coralline doesn't like high PAR, and seems to love blue spectrum. It will take off in the lower PAR areas of your tank. Yes, those little spots will grow larger and larger. Mine grows in overlapping expanding circular patterns.
X2 on the lower light.
20180112_111840.jpg
20180112_111920.jpg
Here is an example from the reef at my work. Both of these pumps have been in there a long time. 1 is underneath an overhang and is shaded. Yes, there is a pump there, lol. The other is directly underneath our leds(soon to be t5's). I noticed a HUGE decline in this tank after my former boss added these leds.

ARCreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and thank you for your interest in our Coralline Algae in a Bottle product. We ship nearly all orders out within 6 hours of being placed and USPS collects from us 2xs per day 6 days a week. If you placed your order and we sent you tracking info on Monday the 8th and Tuesday the 9th. Your order is delayed in the Opa Locka sort facility. It was shipped out though but is waiting to be processes there. We have spoken with USPS about this delay and they stated it will be appox. 4 days but did not give a reason. We our going to reship every order again now via Priority mail which is not effected by this delay. So you will receive the new bottle in 3 days AND you will still receive the first bottle that shipped out, as soon as the delay in USPS is sorted out. We are reshipping all orders as fast as we can, please expect a 2nd email and tracking # from us sometime today or tomorrow. Thank you again and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have had on you.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and thank you for your interest in our Coralline Algae in a Bottle product. We ship nearly all orders out within 6 hours of being placed and USPS collects from us 2xs per day 6 days a week. If you placed your order and we sent you tracking info on Monday the 8th and Tuesday the 9th. Your order is delayed in the Opa Locka sort facility. It was shipped out though but is waiting to be processes there. We have spoken with USPS about this delay and they stated it will be appox. 4 days but did not give a reason. We our going to reship every order again now via Priority mail which is not effected by this delay. So you will receive the new bottle in 3 days AND you will still receive the first bottle that shipped out, as soon as the delay in USPS is sorted out. We are reshipping all orders as fast as we can, please expect a 2nd email and tracking # from us sometime today or tomorrow. Thank you again and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have had on you.
Wow. Well done ARCreef! Sorry to hear about the usps troubles. Thanks for the heads up!

Mandee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I add this too a cycled tank already? I have some coraline but would love to have a variety.

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Excellent and thanks for letting us know what the issue was. You are definitely not the only company plagued by delays in the USPS system. I feel for you and very much appreciate the stand up actions of getting product out. You guys are on my #1 list along with BRS for sure!!! Cannot wait to give your product a try.

Could I add this too a cycled tank already? I have some coraline but would love to have a variety.
This is what I am doing. I have a fully cycled tank with some initial specks of it here and there mostly from CUC and frag plug introductions. But its all the same stuff. My hope is that adding this will give me some additional variety that over time will blend in very well.

ARCreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mandee,
Thank you for your question. Yes indeed, our product can be added to an established tank that has already been though it's initial cycle. This is a great idea also because over time usually only 1-2 species take hold in a tank. It is safe for reef tanks, inverts, fish, coral, and all tank inhabitants, it will not alter your water chemistry either. It is also stored in separate grow tanks from our live rock and fish so it will never have any chance of containing any parasites such as ich. Every bottle will have at least 6 separate species (or strains) of coralline and we are currently developing additional color varieties as well. Our product comes with a 2 sided information sheet on specific instructions and tips to help you out. Please let us know if you have any further questions, we are always here to help.

Thank you again for your question.
ARC Reef
Atlantic Reef Conservation

ARCreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much I'll be placing my order now !!
Thank you Mandee, if you order by 5pm we ship all orders the same day, after 5pm and it will go out by noon the following day. Our product can be ordered directly at https://arcreef.com/product/coralline-algae/ or via Amazon and ebay. Please make sure to read our informational pamphlet that will accompany the product. We will put this up on our site sometime next week so you don't have to purchase our algae to benefit from the information shared on that. It contains information about lighting, temperature, and proper water chemistry. Coralline Algae in a Bottle does not provide coralline algae over night. It takes an average of 4 weeks to get small dots and splashes of color that we call chickenpox, and then it grows fairly fast after that point. Some have gotten it quicker but our beta testing has shown that 4 weeks is the average. We do not want anyone to think that you add our bottle and over night your rocks turn purple. It does provide the actual coralline algae spores though, and as you know coralline will not grow on it's own in a tank, it must be introduced. Hope this helps a little please let us know if you have any further questions.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ignore the bits of nuisance algae and sand blown around I believe I got my first coralline from the ARC product today... It's green but I'll take it. I introduced the product on January 1.

unnamed.jpg

ARCreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just wanted to give you a final update on the USPS delay that some of you encountered. All orders from 01/05-01/07 that were delayed have now been reshipped whether you contacted us or not. All orders from 01/08 that were not showing tracking by aprox 4pm were reshipped. Orders that were showing tracking and showing in route before aprox 4pm... we reshipped many of these but not all as some were only 1 day delayed total. If you contacted us via ebay, amazon, or our website your order was reshipped. All orders now are showing tracking and the possibility of a 4 day delay is no longer a possibility. All orders placed 01/09 and after had no delays and all orders going forward will be sent via USPS priority and FedEx only to ensure that the chances of a delay are greatly reduced. If you have any questions in regards to your order please email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-268-ROCK we will be open tomorrow from noon-to 6pm (our staff stayed all night to sort this, so will not be coming in at 9) We have included with some orders an invitation to become one of our beta testers for several new species of coralline also. We may open more product testing spots up to forum members.
Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions we hope that this delay has been handled to your liking and wish you all an excellent weekend. ~ARC Reef

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ignore the bits of nuisance algae and sand blown around I believe I got my first coralline from the ARC product today... It's green but I'll take it. I introduced the product on January 1.

unnamed.jpg
hmm, not sure what it looks like when it starts on rock. Mine seems to only grow on my glass and powerheads so far.

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ARC, question about live rock. Your website says you are one month behind on all live rock orders, is this still the case? I was going to place an order with the fastest shipping, do you reach out to customers when you’re going to be shipping when you have delays like you have now because of IRMA? Thanks!

ARCreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ARC, question about live rock. Your website says you are one month behind on all live rock orders, is this still the case? I was going to place an order with the fastest shipping, do you reach out to customers when you’re going to be shipping when you have delays like you have now because of IRMA? Thanks!
Hi Tikosyn, thank you for your question. Yes there is currently still a 30-45 day delay on all live rock orders. We sustained a direct hit from Hurricane Irma, both to our facility and to our offshore reef in the Atlantic Ocean. We are no longer taking orders for live rock from Amazon and while we are still accepting orders for future delivery on our website, we are suggesting that customers wait until February before ordering as local weather conditions with 7 ft waves have made it very hard lately for us to get out offshore to our reef and work on it. We are not the only aquacultured live rock producer that got hit from the hurricane. Many of the other companies are also in the same situation as us as well. In November the Florida Department of Agriculture called a meeting with all of us and it was very disheartening to hear from everyone, several of the producers in the keys had their reefs completely wiped from the map. As you stated we do offer next day air and we do contact you before shipping when the delay is this long. If you do place an order we will update you on it's status every 2-3 weeks, and you will receive a tracking email on the day your order ships out. We can also work with you if you need it for a specific date.
We will continue to offer our premium dry rock though as a suitable alternative, which still ships out daily. Our dry rock is unique because it comes from the same quarry as the leading dry rock that many of you have purchased... but then we take it a few steps further and we sterilize every piece and pre drill 6-8 1/2" holes in nearly every piece. These holes perfectly fit frag plugs, so your aquascape is all set for corals down the road. No need to use cement and no falling frag-plugs due to tank bulldozers.

I hope this has answered all of your questions, please free to reach out any time, we are always here to help or answer any questions you may have.

~ ARC Reef

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just wanted to give you a final update on the USPS delay that some of you encountered. All orders from 01/05-01/07 that were delayed have now been reshipped whether you contacted us or not. All orders from 01/08 that were not showing tracking by aprox 4pm were reshipped. Orders that were showing tracking and showing in route before aprox 4pm... we reshipped many of these but not all as some were only 1 day delayed total. If you contacted us via ebay, amazon, or our website your order was reshipped. All orders now are showing tracking and the possibility of a 4 day delay is no longer a possibility. All orders placed 01/09 and after had no delays and all orders going forward will be sent via USPS priority and FedEx only to ensure that the chances of a delay are greatly reduced. If you have any questions in regards to your order please email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-268-ROCK we will be open tomorrow from noon-to 6pm (our staff stayed all night to sort this, so will not be coming in at 9) We have included with some orders an invitation to become one of our beta testers for several new species of coralline also. We may open more product testing spots up to forum members.
Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions we hope that this delay has been handled to your liking and wish you all an excellent weekend. ~ARC Reef

This how a company (any company) builds their reputation as someplace people want to do business with.

Quality customer service.

I will be placing an order as soon as my tank is cycled.

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following!
Was thinking of starting my new tank with that mined Florida rock (BRS, Marco, etc) and I hate how white it looks initially and how susceptible to algae taking hold is early on. If this works might be a great way to get some coralline started without inadvertently adding undesirables.

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have not received any answer back in any way it seems...love the concept and want to try it...all I need is an answer lol.
Edit to this post they did contact me via email and assured me that they do the corraline product in a specific environment for producing it and assured me that product was free of parasite/diseases so...ordered a bottle for fun lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back