Coralline algae introduction

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only problem with a ARC is I requested information on their corraline product in a bottle also as to whether it was guaranteed free of ich and other bad organisms that might be free floating and where has to be used within 14 days of collection there might be a miniscule possibility of free swimmers ???

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have not received any answer back in any way it seems...love the concept and want to try it...all I need is an answer lol.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave this product a try but probably shot myself in the foot, I (within a week of pouring the bottle in) also am using the Red Sea Reef Mature kit. I'm not sue how the compounding bacteria and nutrition from the program might effect the algae.

This was going into dry rock so I'm not sure how long it would take to show any color. Following to contribute!

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting for the order to ship. Placed it on Sunday... ardered direct from ARC... should have gone with Amazon. Lol

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still trying to get coraline but having no luck. I started using Red Sea KH Gro almost a week ago but still see no signs. Tank has been up and running for about a year now, is it too late to try this stuff or not? 65 gallon tank, 10 gallon fuge, sump, 45 lbs. Fiji dry live rock from BRS
what are your parameters? Short answer is yes you can add this stuff anytime. BUT you may want to review your parameters to make sure your tank has 'ideal' conditions ;)

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters are all in good order for the most part, except my nitrates are high and always have been. I just picked up a bottle of Remediation my lfs suggested to help with that, they also gave me a conch shell with coraline to help seed the tank

26238857_1596239177123705_2304276412837022366_n.jpg

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Parameters are all in good order for the most part, except my nitrates are high and always have been. I just picked up a bottle of Remediation my lfs suggested to help with that, they also gave me a conch shell with coraline to help seed the tank

26238857_1596239177123705_2304276412837022366_n.jpg
That seems good, but I think you should try to figure out why the nitrates are consistently so high. If the nitrates are high where are the phosphates?? Do you use rodi, refugium, skimmer, etc........ Good luck :) That was nice of them to give you the shell with some seed on it.

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I use a 4 stage RODI system from BRS, have a refugium that I have no problem growing Chateo and a Lifereef skimmer. 1 yellow tank, 2 clown fish, 3 bubbletip anemones (had 2 until 1 recently split a week ago), a sand sifter, a couple small blue fish and a few frags. Nothing has ever died and the anemones always seem happy so I'm not sure what causes my nitrates to be so high. I ring out the foam filter in the sump every week and the water is usually very yellow upon doing so.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The foam filter could be a nitrate factory. I removed most of mine and use filter socks that i replace every few days I only add the foam when i want my nitrates up a little more to feed corals. I know how frustrating things can be. I am sure at this point you have checked your test kit. Good luck.

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the ARC product in my 40 gallon about two weeks ago have not seen one speck of coraline yet but we’ll see. Hoping once it gets going it will take off.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you "replace" the filter socks or swap them out to clean dirty ones?
I have a total of 12 the sump uses 3 i swap them out. Soak, rinse and wash (in the washing machine on sanitize with NO chemicals). Every Month I run a sanitize cycle with bleach to clean the washing machine ;) Some people get squeamish about putting filter socks in the washing machine. I think as long as you soak AND rinse really good should not be an issue with bacteria in the line.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have not received any answer back in any way it seems...love the concept and want to try it...all I need is an answer lol.
try calling. I emailed them before i bought it, but never got a reply. After about 5 trys calling them, someone answered. I do know that they got hammered by hurricane irma and lost a lot, and they are currently working on setting up a new location.

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one week? wow. Ill be at a week this saturday. I havnt really looked closely yet, and i already have some existing coralline in there. I will be looking for new colors, indicating that the product worked.

Yeah man I was surprised to see new little tiny purple spots everywhere in my tank only a week later after adding that purple helix!! In some spots now I see a different strain of like a pink color coraline, like on arc reefs premium live rock! I guess those little spots will just keep growing and growing bigger and bigger? What is the best coraline accelerator to add to help it grow without causing any problems with the tank in any way?

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man I was surprised to see new little tiny purple spots everywhere in my tank only a week later after adding that purple helix!! In some spots now I see a different strain of like a pink color coraline, like on arc reefs premium live rock! I guess those little spots will just keep growing and growing bigger and bigger? What is the best coraline accelerator to add to help it grow without causing any problems with the tank in any way?
yeah, theyll keep growing. Unless you have lots of sps corals sucking up calcium, i think the best thing is water changes with a good reef salt that is high in cal, alk, and mag. I use red sea coral pro.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered on Saturday with Amazon and they still haven't shipped either.

I'm in the same boat. I contacted them they are Fedexing me it. They dont understand what happened with usps. Seems like they are correcting the issue and have communicated well with me on the issue. Have you reached out to them? It was shipped out Monday

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try calling. I emailed them before i bought it, but never got a reply. After about 5 trys calling them, someone answered. I do know that they got hammered by hurricane irma and lost a lot, and they are currently working on setting up a new location.

They respond back to me e-mail them at [email protected]

MBX5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I contacted them they are Fedexing me it. They dont understand what happened with usps. Seems like they are correcting the issue and have communicated well with me on the issue. Have you reached out to them? It was shipped out Monday
I haven’t yet but I will today thanks

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back