Coralline disappearring

Every 2 weeks, 10-20 percent. InstantOcean salt
Reef crystals or sea salt? And also it may be possible that your water changes don't have enough nutrients to keep the amount of Coraline you have to thrive. It's possible you could benefit from doing more frequent water changes or dosing to keep your parameters to a suitable level. Meaning alk, cal, mg. Ect. Aswell as the light you turned down. If you noticed a change in Coraline after you dimmed your lights, that could be it too.
 
I use IO it mixes to around 10 dkh . But my alkalinity goes down . I add a half teaspoon of reef builder everyday. Just to keep alkalinity at 8 dkh. Thats a 120 gallon system.
 
Is that coralife ‘life rock’? It looks like it. If so, it’s the paint chipping/sloughing off.
It’s a marco rock. I came white, the coralline grew on it. I do have a “life rock” in the tank, on top of the marco rock pillar thing. I am not a fan of it.
 
It’s a marco rock. It came white and the coralline grew on it. I so have a “life rock” in the tank, on top of the marco rock pillar—I am not a fan.
 
Lol. I am afraid of hitch hikers. I do have 3 real live rock in there, to seed things.
I think the fear of hitchhikers is largely overblown. I can’t imagine having a reef tank without all the microfauna and hitchhikers, to me without them it’s not a reef tank, it’s a coral display tank.
 
I think the fear of hitchhikers is largely overblown. I can’t imagine having a reef tank without all the microfauna and hitchhikers, to me without them it’s not a reef tank, it’s a coral display tank.
You are right. I’ll get there. Give me a year or so :)
 
I vote check your alkalinity.

I've had a tough time getting it to grow in my tank over the last year. I went away on vacation for 2 weeks in june. Sadly the alk spiked from around 9dKH to 10.5. Wasn't great for the corals, however when I came back from my vacation it was like someone took a paintball gun to my tank and painted it with coralline algae.
 
I wanted to thank you all for the advice! I have started using Kalkwasser and adjusted my lighting again. Things are looking better and I’ve seen coralline growth ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new