Coralline Algea on Hermit Crab Shell?

Reefer Stride 42

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
37
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My tank has been running for 4 months now. I purchased about 20 pounds of actual live rock from the LFS and another 30 pounds dry from another LFS. There is no coralline on my plastic tubing in the tank and the wall so i know it’s not growing at the moment, however did I just introduce it via this crab shell? I’m playing the waiting game and prefer not using additives or chemicals so I’m really just looking for a sign I have some coralline in the tank.

Thanks!
IMG_7178.jpeg
IMG_7179.jpeg
 
You sure did and it looks like it’s all over your rocks as well. You will be scraping it off your glass in no time 😂
lol thank you! My next question was whether or not it was already in the tank haha. The rocks haven’t changed much since I got them so I wasn’t sure
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new