• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Corals Anonymous - My experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers

This post is about my most recent/first/only experience with Corals Anonymous.

I heard of this company via Facebook ads absolutely owning my newsfeed. After a few weeks of viewing the website, noticing the prices, and noticing the corals available, I decided to get them a shot. I purchased 1 two-head purple-tipped hammers, 1 three-head golden hammer, and 1 WYSIWYG Lobo corals. I placed the order on a Friday, and during checkout, I was able to select a delivery day; the following Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I selected Tuesday.

On the following Monday afternoon, I noticed that I didn't get any sort of shipping email. I then decided to email them and ask if I would still receive the corals Tuesday (trying to plan to be home). After not receiving an email for several hours, I tried calling them (the website provided phone number). It turns out that their phone number is a Hawaiin phone number, and apparently they can't receive phone calls. Several hours later, I was told the corals would be shipped that evening from California, and they'd be delivered Tuesday.

On Tuesday I followed up asking for a tracking number and was told that there was apparently a storm that prevented shipping on Monday, and that the corals would be shipped Tuesday, with receipt on Wednesday. That was fine.

I received the corals on Wednesday, hand-delivered by a UPS driver. He was frantic because the box was leaking through the bottom. I immediately went inside my home, opened the box, and saw 3 bags of corals, some not on frag plugs. No hot pack, no packing peanuts, no cups for the frags to prevent banging, or anything. One of the corals (two-head purple-tipped hammer) was DOA, the Lobo (WYSIWYG) was so damaged that the skeleton was protruding leaving nothing but a thin tissue lining with spikes, and the three-head hammer was alive but insanely receded.

I contacted Corals Anonymous immediately, with pictures and told them what I had received. After several hours, I received an email saying that they agreed and that they'd extend the DOA warranty by 2 days. Thursday (the day after receipt) I emailed them telling them one coral was DOA, the Lobo was doing worse (losing color, mouth gaping open, skeleton still spiking through), and the three-head hammer was extended only 1/4cm.

No response.

I have yet to receive a response, and we are 4 days since the last communication. I have had to throw out the Lobo and the two-headed hammer.

After doing some research, I realized this company just recently began operations, and it's clear in their deliverables. I would strongly recommend not purchasing from this organization. Attached are some pictures that I have of the corals.

Attachments

• Rose Gold Hammer.pdf
    335.7 KB · Views: 291
  • WYSIWYG Lobo.pdf
    196.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Purple-Tipped Branching Hammer.pdf
    163.2 KB · Views: 114
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back