Corals not glueing to live rock

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This usually works for me.. First put some superglue on a skewer or ur finger and rub it on the spot where you plan to put your frag. Then try gluing the frag on that spot. It helps the glue stick together better in my experience.
this is what i do. if i cannot get a skewer or something to put the glue on the rock with, then i apply an extra dab of glue on the frag, place it where i want it and wiggle it around, lift it, then press it down. this tends to smear some glue on the rock and also exposing the inside glue that ha snot touched the water for a tighter seal.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You need to move the frag around a bit or twist it to break the outer film on the superglue. Also, if I'm gluing underwater, I will take my long tweezers and really mash the edges of the glue down into the rock.
It's one of those things you get better at over time.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use seachem brand coral glue. Not sure how safe dollar tree glue would be. It may contain toxins and probably isn’t designed to adhere well in water
Super Glue or Loctite brand cyanoacrylate gel is completely reef safe (the company that owns the patent for cyanoacrylate owns both of those brands). Seachem brand is identical to the dollar store glue and doesn’t work any better. If it gives you peace of mind spending more for an aquarium branded product, that’s fine, but you’re really not getting a better or safer product.

Back