Corals under 100 PAR?

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are some cool low light corals? Mostly under 100 PAR as my lighting is low. I already have 3 different zoas , 1 mushroom, and 1 Pom Pom Xenia. Is there any other corals you guys like that fit in my PAR range?

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't ask for em to be easy. :D If my tiger conch would quit knocking my dendro over I think it'd be in pretty good shape. Lol. And blastos are a great suggestion. I have a nice colony of wellsi in sand at front of tank (but I run my par a bit on the high side anyway)
LOL, My merletti's in this tank get great light, I dose now, I get nuthin......... My dendro(s:D) and black sun coral, there great. Some don't like the higher nutrints.;Chicken

OP
OP
beyer

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! thanks for all the suggestions. I really like the look of the Euphyllia corals like frogspawn, hammer, and torches. Especially because I'll soon have two clowns. I've read differing lighting specs for them though. I'd estimate that in my tank with their placement on my rock they'd get about 75 PAR give or take. I understand it's not the ideal lighting but could I have any of these in my tank?

I really like the blastos and sun coral you guys mentioned but have yet to target feed anything so it's tough to decide on them. how often would I need to feed them? I have mysis shrimp.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! thanks for all the suggestions. I really like the look of the Euphyllia corals like frogspawn, hammer, and torches. Especially because I'll soon have two clowns. I've read differing lighting specs for them though. I'd estimate that in my tank with their placement on my rock they'd get about 75 PAR give or take. I understand it's not the ideal lighting but could I have any of these in my tank?

I really like the blastos and sun coral you guys mentioned but have yet to target feed anything so it's tough to decide on them. how often would I need to feed them? I have mysis shrimp.

The sun coral should be fed weekly minumum. But id feed it every 3 days at least.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
what are some cool low light corals? Mostly under 100 PAR as my lighting is low. I already have 3 different zoas , 1 mushroom, and 1 Pom Pom Xenia. Is there any other corals you guys like that fit in my PAR range?
Yes favias, leptoseris, acans- basically all those medium polyped size lps.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan's for the win!!! One of my fav coral and they can handle lower light.

Even most chalices if you feed them a couple times a week.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of getting that if I couldn't put those euphyllia in the tank because I read sometimes the toadstool may host clowns, is that right?
my green toadstool does not host clowns . my red carpet does

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For blastos either merlettis or wellis, they dont really need feeding just some light. But i do supplement focus feed with live phyto laced w coral amino. I like the phyto route to keep nitrate and phosphates min or nil.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back