• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Corals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased anything from mr.coral. our local lfs doesn't carry any nice colorful corals. I don't have a lot of extra money and saw he has some nice acans in his 10.00 section. I've been leary about ordering on line? Thanks

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there frags are really good priced but seems like most of them are fresh cut.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's local for me so I can't say anything about ordering online. What I've gotten from the store has been nice though

OP
OP
rjcranor

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gitsoe you mentioned fresh cut is that a problem, I've had a tank for about 7a years but had basically been fowlr. So I don't know much about corals, I have one favia and a plate coral and killed a nice orange acan. Looking to get more acans.

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh wild colonies dont have a very good survival rate to begin with, so when you cut them into fresh tiny $10 frags the chances go down.. JMO..
I order online all the time, just make sure your buying healthy healed aquacultured corals to give them the best chance..

Last edited:
OP
OP
rjcranor

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do you know online if they are healthy or heald or not.

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I have ordered from mr coral before , like 15 frags all zoas except for like 3 acros , a goni and an acan,
all the sps didn't make it I actually think they were DOA and the goni died a few days later but the zoas made it and still are alive, even though I'm not sure the ones I got were the ones pictured, you get what you pay for I guess. I rather pay a little more for healthier pieces, I've ordered once from mr coral so I don't wanna say don't buy from them, maybe they had an off day idk.
I usually buy from my LFS or local sellers and eBay but I'm getting a my first order from sexy corals real soon and can't wait to see whats up seems like he knows what he's doing.

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do you know online if they are healthy or heald or not.

you can tell by the frag plug and the growth, for example for sps and some chalices if they are encrusting on the frag disk then you know it's been in a tank for some time for zoas If I see algae over the glue and a nice fleshy mat growing then its healthy

I only like to buy Wysiwyg so I know what frag I'm getting, but some vendors say wysiwyg but they don't ship the right one, that's what happened to me with mr coral

Last edited:

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this thread is specifically asking about a vendor, it's been moved to the Vendor Feedback forum.

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has some very nice corals but as said they are all fresh cut so if you order tell him to wait a week on your corals.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from MC several times (primarily Zoas & SPS) and I've only had one DOA out of hundreds of frags. While some may be fresh cut, they are still a great bargain for $10. Fresh cut frags are not an issue with Z&Ps, but could lead to tissue recession on some SPS & chalices. The acans you're asking about are very hardy and I wouldn't view fresh cuts as aproblem. Assuming that you system is stable, they should pull through without any problems and heal relatively quickly. If you're dead set on getting fully healed frags, MC also has a $20 section with nicely encrusted SPS, larger frags, and fully healed LPS. IME the orders from MC are well packages, so something arriving DOA is likely the result of the shippers actions. Just my .02

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sit on all corals for at least 10 days before we ship most cases much more. This seems like the magic ## for success in shipping. We do offer Encrusted pieces in our $20 section and new section and going to be expanding on that in the next few months however they will not be $10 in most cases but they will still be priced right. If you want items held longer we have no issues holding a order but if you are buying Acans and Zoas 10 days is good to go for sure. SPS we like to give 2 weeks at least.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back