Cord management - are yours organized or spaghetti ?

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea on those command hooks!

Cable management is love, cable management is life.

XzpjIun.jpg
@reefkeeping - what are those black bars you have holding the colored tubing and where did you find them? I could use a few of those.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was, but as the decades go by the new cords don't fit the same as they did when you built stuff. Now, I just label the ends with blue tape so that I know which is which. I don't have time for a clean sump anymore... never got me anything of benefit in the tank.

I just gets too tough when they don't sell your color of PVC anymore after you had to cut it out, the doser that you used is out of business and the new one is too big or lines different colors and sizes, or the particle board inside your stand swells over time and nothing sticks to it anymore.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wires are all secured with velcro from tank to control cabinet. Nothing touches the floor.
My power strip is one of those big heavy duty ones and it sits on top of an overturned home depot bucket off the floor. Everything has drip loops.
My control cabinet is also off the floor.

The last thing you want when you have a leak or some other problem is to be crawling on a wet floor with tangled power cords everywhere. Not cool. Even if you're just doing simple maintenance. A mess sucks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back