Core 7 partially frozen from shipping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my core 7 today in the mail. When I opened the cartons the 3a and 3b both, had what I thought to be a small amount of some frozen particles inside that I could hear/feel when shaking. I mixed the two together in a picture as I always do thinking they would unthaw after a few hours and be fine. After coming to room temperature and mixing several times there is a good amount of solids at the bottom that is not ice afterall. It will not dissolve. I had to buy these from an eBay store because my brs shipment was returned leaking, and with the a availability issues I can't get more. What is the reasoning behind the permanent solid crystals? Is it bad because it was partially frozen or is there something defective? If I use the solution obviously there will be something that will end up lacking.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my core 7 today in the mail. When I opened the cartons the 3a and 3b both, had what I thought to be a small amount of some frozen particles inside that I could hear/feel when shaking. I mixed the two together in a picture as I always do thinking they would unthaw after a few hours and be fine. After coming to room temperature and mixing several times there is a good amount of solids at the bottom that is not ice afterall. It will not dissolve. I had to buy these from an eBay store because my brs shipment was returned leaking, and with the a availability issues I can't get more. What is the reasoning behind the permanent solid crystals? Is it bad because it was partially frozen or is there something defective? If I use the solution obviously there will be something that will end up lacking.
Search the triton forum here there are a couple posts about it. I believe you just heat it up a little

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fill the sink up with hot water and warm it up. My gallon of alk does it sometimes. Crystals fall out of suspension but should be an easy fix

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search the triton forum here there are a couple posts about it. I believe you just heat it up a little
The only posts or threads I came across was for the aquarium water testing samples related to the ICP testing accuracy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back