Core 7 partially frozen from shipping

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by Scott.h, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Scott.h

Scott.h Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

I received my core 7 today in the mail. When I opened the cartons the 3a and 3b both, had what I thought to be a small amount of some frozen particles inside that I could hear/feel when shaking. I mixed the two together in a picture as I always do thinking they would unthaw after a few hours and be fine. After coming to room temperature and mixing several times there is a good amount of solids at the bottom that is not ice afterall. It will not dissolve. I had to buy these from an eBay store because my brs shipment was returned leaking, and with the a availability issues I can't get more. What is the reasoning behind the permanent solid crystals? Is it bad because it was partially frozen or is there something defective? If I use the solution obviously there will be something that will end up lacking.

Tags:

2. Norcalreef

Norcalreef Active Member R2R Supporter

Search the triton forum here there are a couple posts about it. I believe you just heat it up a little

3. ncaldwell

ncaldwell Active Member

Just fill the sink up with hot water and warm it up. My gallon of alk does it sometimes. Crystals fall out of suspension but should be an easy fix

4. Scott.h

The only posts or threads I came across was for the aquarium water testing samples related to the ICP testing accuracy.

5. Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

It is not frozen it is the Alk falling out of solution due to them going below 15degC.

Simply warm the solutions in a hot bath and they will return back to liquid.

Scott.h, Lasse and Jason mack like this.
  6. Scott.h

Thanks

7. Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed Active Member R2R Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted