Core7 ingredients?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - Magnesium
2 - Calcium
3a & 3b Alk

Each bottle also contains trace elements for your tank and algae bed. It is NOT recommended to reduce any one element as the imbalance of trace elements will affect your algae bed. I've heard that Calcium is the exception, but I wouldn't do it unless completely necessary.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - Magnesium
2 - Calcium
3a & 3b Alk

Each bottle also contains trace elements for your tank and algae bed. It is NOT recommended to reduce any one element as the imbalance of trace elements will affect your algae bed. I've heard that Calcium is the exception, but I wouldn't do it unless completely necessary.

Spot on Justin...

These ingredients only apply to the Core7 range the original (none Core7) elements are

1 Alk
2 Calcium
3a 3b Magnesium

And yeah don't be tempted to adjust parameters with the elements doses as they each contain an array of trace elements some of which you may not wish to adjust. The exception to the rule is number 2 (ca) which has been designed to have the "less essential" traces in with it as Ca is the element most often seen going out of sink. And if you do want to lower the Ca reduce the dose don't just stop it dead.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 1480 I wouldn't be overly worried but if you want to have it lower you have a few options, you can either set your KH at 7 and see where your numbers lay then, or if you want to take it down then you could slightly reduce the dose of number 1, we normally only say to do that if your Mg is over 1600+ though as there are a lot of useful traces in the solution along with the magnesium, so adjust with caution as you may end up with other traces out of balance as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back