Core7 initial starting dose (75 gallon total volume)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. Good stuff. If I need to make the hole larger than 1/2" I just use a dremel sanding drum to enlarge after the initial 1/2" drill hole.

I have all my dremel accessories with in arms reach at all times. Lol.

The round sanding bits do an excellent job at removing coral glue from your fingers. HeHe.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you do it?

I started 3-4x 20/G water changes about two weeks before to flush the ESV and Red Sea Trace colors out of the system. I diluted the Core7 to 7800 dKH. Testing Alk 7x a day. It’s crazy though...as soon as I started it, my gsp closed up. Haven’t had a swing over 0.5 dKH. Maybe it’s the adjustment of a new 2-part.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All major elements are in check. Have Alk dialed in at about 7.50. PO4 is 0.05. NO3 was 2 but I’m dosing to get it back up. Dosing amino’s and feeding to keep the corals happy.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some weird things going on since switching over to Core7. My GSP isn’t opening and my hairy rock isn’t nearly as hairy. Not sure why. Everything is on point. I’m hoping this will change in a few days. Kinda scary.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it's just the GSP I'd say that's what GSP does when it go into a new tank (which is effectively what you're doing here by switching methods). I've had GSP stay closed for over a week when going into a new tank on several occasions.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it's just the GSP I'd say that's what GSP does when it go into a new tank (which is effectively what you're doing here by switching methods). I've had GSP stay closed for over a week when going into a new tank on several occasions.

Yeah me too. Acro’s seem to be OK. I’m testing a lot. Of course big drops during peak photo period and each day it’s increasing (which is a good thing). Consumption is happening so hopefully it will line out.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally don’t test this much but it’s dropping a lot during the day time (because the dose isn’t completely dialed in) so I’m trying to get it close as possible so it’s not swinging over 0.5 in 24 hrs. In a few more days I think it will stabilize.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Alkalinity continues to drop as I keep increasing the doses daily. (Equally of all parts.) 3a/3b are combined so that is double the dose. Right now I’m at 39mL on 3a/3b. 19.5mL on 1 & 2.

GSP still hasn’t come out. The hairy rock has slight improvement.

My Gigantea anemone seems slightly more fluffy at times. Mushrooms are fluffy.

Acropora are doing about the same as always with no STN yet. Fingers crossed.

Another few days and I believe it will be pretty much dialed in.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well IMO the Triton looks better.
Though theres to many potential differences in the photography alone that may account for the difference.

What does your firsthand observation reveal?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW since were talking coloring acros. Since I started dosing amino acids (acro power) I've noticed considerable improvements in color in my acros. This is a topic that I've yet to hear a real clear answer from Triton on. I believe I've seen them state that the macro algae releases aminos and should take care of that naturally but it's all been a bit unclear to me. Whenever I make a change I do one thing at a time to hold everything constant but am pretty convinced colors may be improved considerably with supplemental aminos even with Triton. Don't get me wrong, my colors were excellent with Triton alone but now they are glowing. lol

I wish I took a comparison photo pre amino dosing but this one really lit up in comparison. This is under day light with zero editing cell phone shot.

DPU.jpg

Last edited:

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DPU.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I was talking with Joe Yallo from unique corals at RAP after his speech
He said on all of his tanks he doses aminos on all of his tanks that he maintains with triton so since then I have been doing the same

right now I’m using britwell and I have seen a difference

I watered it down a lot like 4 parts water to one part brite well and I dose 10ml At midnight and shut my skimmer off for an hour

I dosed acropower before and saw some success but with brite well my wife has even said the corals look more colorful

And I don’t think after a week of dosing triton you would be able to say anything about what two part is better

Last edited:

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s weird I havnt meet to many people like that in this hobby usually everyone is nice and understand that there are many ways to skin a cat

either way brite well works for me is it the same guy that was in the Brs videos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back