Could this be the Trident announcement?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Time to move my questions and concerns to the more official thread.

I'll review the video, etc. and move them over after provided no answers were provided already - hoping for nothing but clear, concise answers.

So I watched a post release video and Terence's answer for the requirement to measure 4 times a day is ..... we cannot say why at the moment.

That said - I will not be parting with my money at the moment.

So much anticipation and great deal of disappointment. Too many unnecessary tests for me; no ability to change test time, biased reviews and bogus comparisons with made up cost numbers (see Mark Callahan's video) just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

At the moment this doesn't look like a good match for me and for that reason alone I have to admit - I'm out.

Perhaps v2 would address a lot of the issues; god knows.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I watched a post release video and Terence's answer for the requirement to measure 4 times a day is ..... we cannot say why at the moment.

That said - I will not be parting with my money at the moment.

So much anticipation and great deal of disappointment. Too many unnecessary tests for me; no ability to change test time, biased reviews and bogus comparisons with made up cost numbers (see Mark Callahan's video) just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

At the moment this doesn't look like a good match for me and for that reason alone I have to admit - I'm out.

Perhaps v2 would address a lot of the issues; god knows.
Well the best thing this thread and the official thread did to me is to realize that apex is no longer worth my investment. I am switching to GHL. Their road map is much more clear, driven from actual customer needs and way way better hardware quality.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the best thing this thread and the official thread did to me is to realize that apex is no longer worth my investment. I am switching to GHL. Their road map is much more clear, driven from actual customer needs and way way better hardware quality.

And yet you are still coming back here and posting about it.....

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet you are still coming back here and posting about it.....
For couple of reasones.
- Cause I have not changed my openion and reality still stand.
- Cause it's a free forum
- To discuss with other reefers and understand diffrent view points
- And finally because I really like this forum:)

Ps: am active on so many other threads not this one only....all fun

Last edited:

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even Rich who I respect great deal said he is taking this for the kh which is what matter.

And that I am happy to have the other two parameters tested as a bonus and because that is what the device needs to do for the device to work.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that I am happy to have the other two parameters tested as a bonus and because it needs to for the device to work.
Yup:)

Rich sorry off topic. Do you have any public event or talk scheduled in the near future?
Am trying to find a way to track your public activities and tech talks....

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I am on Penn's Sunday School podcast today and Wednesday (Wednesday might be interesting, we talk about the wider problems facing coral reefs, how real they are, and what we might be able to do about them) otherwise, I'll be at MACNA and a science friday event on June 21st in Sacramento.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I am on Penn's Sunday School podcast today and Wednesday (Wednesday might be interesting, we talk about the wider problems facing coral reefs, how real they are, and what we might be able to do about them) otherwise, I'll be at MACNA and a science friday event on June 21st in Sacramento.
Oh man I did not know about podcast..would love to listen..where can I find it? Sorry for the dumb 21 questions ha ha.

Millimylilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the apex is totally worth it. But right now the trident seems like a huge money pit that my reef don’t need!

reyesozaeta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going for ReefBot instead. No maintenance fee. It uses tests kits that we all are familiar with which can be readily bought at any LFS. And test is not limited to Alk, Ca and Mg. I heard it only requires software updates for the unit to increase its testing capacity for other test kit brands. My ReefBot will arrive Monday. It’s coming directly from Lebanon. I’m sure eventually ReefBot can be linked to an automatic dosing machines. Apex should just create a module for the ReefBot the same way they did for ecotech, or maxspect products, then everybody will be happy. Apex should not consider ReefBot as a competition but rather a business partner. Just my 2 cents

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going for ReefBot instead. No maintenance fee. It uses tests kits that we all are familiar with which can be readily bought at any LFS. And test is not limited to Alk, Ca and Mg. I heard it only requires software updates for the unit to increase its testing capacity for other test kit brands. My ReefBot will arrive Monday. It’s coming directly from Lebanon. I’m sure eventually ReefBot can be linked to an automatic dosing machines. Apex should just create a module for the ReefBot the same way they did for ecotech, or maxspect products, then everybody will be happy. Apex should not consider ReefBot as a competition but rather a business partner. Just my 2 cents
“Maintenance fee” come on. All products with moving parts in any industry will need to maintained over time. The reefbot has moving parts and at some point those parts will need to be either changed out or repaired. Trident proactively has a plan to do that preemptively. When the reebot breaks down in a few years have fun dealing with that without a plan in place or replacement products available. The whole maintenance argument against the Trident is shortsighted.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for your comments about Neptune creating a module to be Reefbot compatible. Well, Neptune made modules for accessories and components they weren’t developing yet in the beginning. They were a controller first. Now they are creating their own pumps, power heads, testers, etc. So, Reefbot is a competitor now. Using your same ideology Reebot should build a controller and make modules for the Neptune.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back