Could this be the Trident announcement?

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entire wild mustang population of Nevada has been caned to death in this thread and others. Mostly by the same 5-10 people.

I STRONGLY suggest everyone go rewatch the launch livestream and read the official FAQ. Everything is there.

Or, just continue your equine slaughter here for what reason I cannot understand.

More Tridents will be showing up at dealers, every day, all across the country.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The entire wild mustang population of Nevada has been caned to death in this thread and others. Mostly by the same 5-10 people.

I STRONGLY suggest everyone go rewatch the launch livestream and read the official FAQ. Everything is there.

Or, just continue your equine slaughter here for what reason I cannot understand.

More Tridents will be showing up at dealers, every day, all across the country.
Perhaps you should take some of it to heart. Most people dont want to watch an hour long video or a 30 minute video to get answers to a certain question.

I actually disagree with much of the criticism - but one thing I will say is that if Neptune sets up a FAQ thread (here) - they would better serve the people interested in the product to have someone here (at least on launch day - kind of an important day right)? to answer questions in real time - and if they've been answered already - direct them to that place. Instead - someone shows up every so often to denounce the people that have been asking questions (and granted some have been complaining).

I dont have the time to go through 21 pages of posts - to get the couple questions I still have (because I've heard several answers) - so forgive me for asking you again here - they are simple (and no - its not whether the cable can be cut - and its not about pricing)

1. I've seen several people with the trident placed on what 'looks like' the bottom of their cabinet - yet I have heard they need to be mounted above the sump - are they doing it incorrectly - or can the trident be placed on the floor level.
2. What is the story with the ease at which the Trident can be started/stopped. Ie - some have said one needs to wait 2 weeks or so after starting up before getting 'reliable' measurements - so I m curious when doing maintenance - with a hot-swap for example - how long do you have to get the unit in your tank to trust the results - and once it comes back - how long does it take to get back online? If one is going to do a 'hot swap' my assumption would be (am I right or wrong) - that the unit would have to have a deposit or something before you would ship a unit on a hot swap basis?

Again - I apologize that I dont have the time (after reading for 5-6 hours prior to your announcement most of the details - many (appreciated) supplied by your self - to continue to watch a video or search FAQ (Which is the purpose I thought this forum was to be for)?

Thanks for your answers.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I listen to everything. Repeating it over and over and over by some of the same people serves zero purpose except to occupy the time and (maybe) provide a pastime for those individuals.

There is an FAQ. Both an official product FAQ as well as the “official” FAQ thread here on R2R that, despite an opening post asking to keep things on track and read or watch the materials before asking, both seem to fill that thread up requiring R2R staff to police it.

This FAQ is in our Neptune Systems forum here. I am on Tapatalk so it’s not convenient to link right now.

Those that want to go there, read the OP and follow it, and then still have a question, can pose it there and I will either answer it, or tell you it is not something we are going to answer.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And really, if someone does not want to watch the informative video. Or the follow up shorter video, or read the official FAQ, or a second FAQ thread, and would rather their question be answered. Specifically for them. Because they are special. And if everyone was like that. How could we possibly make people happy under those circumstances. I am either astounded or confused.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And really, if someone does not want to watch the informative video. Or the follow up shorter video, or read the official FAQ, or a second FAQ thread, and would rather their question be answered. Specifically for them. Because they are special. And if everyone was like that. How could we possibly make people happy under those circumstances. I am either astounded or confused.
I read the FAQ. The questions I asked were not yet answered. I'm certainly not special - nor do I pretend to be. I may have missed it - but in the FAQ the only reference to the location of the Trident (And there was a typo in the answer) - said 3-4 feet of the aquarium water - but I didnt see anything about the height). And the second question I asked about was not covered at all - except to say not all of the details are yet available. But - Price/deposit/mechanism of a hot-swap are not important - the timing that it might or might not take to get the trident back online after maintenance is (and I didnt see that addressed). And again - if you guys dont want to answer questions - dont have a n FAQ section on this forum - what am I missing here? (in any case - mine havent been answered yet - or there are conflicting answers - but I did post them the other forum as you requested)

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look Terence, I will admit right now that I have a grudge with the trident as a customer. I complain about many things which I believe is my right as a Neptune customer.
So do not take what i will say the wrong way, but your communication with you customers has been strange to say the least.
Just read how you are addressing your customers...
Again I am not talking about me, you can say what u like about me cause you can charctize me as difficult customer or whatever label u give I do not mind.
I am still an apex customer that have spent and will keep spending so much on your future products..

But see the forum filled with loyal customers, they deserve transparency, compassion and bit more patience.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look Terence, I will admit right now that I have a grudge with the trident as a customer. I complain about many things which I believe is my right as a Neptune customer.
So do not take what i will say the wrong way, but your communication with you customers has been strange to say the least.
Again I am not talking about me, you can say what u like about me cause you can charctize me as difficult customer or whatever label u give I do not mind.
I am still an apex customer that have spent and will keep spending so much on your future products..

But see the forum filled with loyal customers, they deserve transparency, compassion and bit more patience.

I remember Terence telling people you don't have to pay taxes on it. Than when it went nuts he had the rev delete a lot of it. Cover you butt with the delete button.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry if I tried to inject a bit wry humor. But much of this back and forth is going no where and has been communicated to me privately by others keeping them from getting at real information.

As to your comment about me, I think I will let our other customers speak to our level of engagement, transparency, and compassion.

We are providing the answers, in video, in print on our site, and in this "official" forum: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650 What else can be done if someone does not want to use those resources?

And, much of what is going back and forth here about has nothing to do with legitimate questions and is likely not helpful or entertaining (speculation
) to the vast majority of this community.

Have a legitimate unanswered question? Post it here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650 and I will try and answer it. I am not going to engage in debate here with you.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I tried to inject a bit wry humor. But much of this back and forth is going no where and has been communicated to me privately by others keeping them from getting at real information.

As to your comment about me, I think I will let our other customers speak to our level of engagement, transparency, and compassion.

We are providing the answers, in video, in print on our site, and in this "official" forum: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650 What else can be done if someone does not want to use those resources?

And, much of what is going back and forth here about has nothing to do with legitimate questions and is likely not helpful or entertaining (speculation
) to the vast majority of this community.

Have a legitimate unanswered question? Post it here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650 and I will try and answer it. I am not going to engage in debate here with you.
Cheers terence,
Not sure why you making this about you. I have not said anything about you personally.

I actually know you in person rather well and do respect you.

You must be tired, I know u have not stopped working for the last 2 days. So no worries.

Again congrats on the launch.

Cheers

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers terence,
Not sure why you making this about you. I have not said anything about you personally.

I actually know you in person rather well and do respect you.

You must be tired, I know u have not stopped working for the last 2 days. So no worries.

Again congrats on the launch.

Cheers
Two things - when you say that our customers "deserve transparency, compassion and bit more patience." you are making that about me - that this is something that our company, represented by me, is not doing adequately - that is what those words mean.

Second, this is one of the things I despise about these forums. Everyone gets to go around posting under a veil of anonymity and can say what they want - with no accountability in the real world. But, people like me, we have an identity. So, you get to come on here tell me that you know me rather well - but do not disclose who you are. You can come to an event, talk to me, never tell me who you are online. Nice. That is not how a real community works.

You are right, I am tired. But that's OK. I am moving on from this conversation and going to answer some more questions in the official thread so customers that might actually purchase the product can get their information - you have already said - many times - in many places - that this is not for you.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things - when you say that our customers "deserve transparency, compassion and bit more patience." you are making that about me - that this is something that our company, represented by me, is not doing adequately - that is what those words mean.

Second, this is one of the things I despise about these forums. Everyone gets to go around posting under a veil of anonymity and can say what they want - with no accountability in the real world. But, people like me, we have an identity. So, you get to come on here tell me that you know me rather well - but do not disclose who you are. You can come to an event, talk to me, never tell me who you are online. Nice. That is not how a real community works.

You are right, I am tired. But that's OK. I am moving on from this conversation and going to answer some more questions in the official thread so customers that might actually purchase the product can get their information - you have already said - many times - in many places - that this is not for you.
Yeh 2 things:
1- I think its better you move on cause clearly u not getting it. I am using a public forum so if you do not like what I say ignore me. I am not in your living room to socialize.
2- indeed that's not me.

Good night.

Ps: when I said I know you I meant from videos and appearance. I guess the word personally was poor choice. I have never met you and never approached you in public neither do I care about meeting you. Look like the kudos and the fanbase have get you to believe things that are not true:)

Last edited:

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh 2 things:
1- I think its better you move on cause clearly u not getting it.
2- indeed that's not me.

Good night.
Dude, I just counted and you've posted 63 of the 412 posts in this thread, for a whopping 15+%. Good night. Sleep tight. Give it a rest, already.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet many hasn't looked at operation cost. Making you test 4X a day. How much will agent cost? If you really have to test your ALK 28x a week. You're not doing something right......you don't need a tester you need to sell your tank.
Think of that, 28 times of testing your mag? In a week. Really who does that? Waste of reagent, no, profit..

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I just counted and you've posted 63 of the 412 posts in this thread, for a whopping 15+%. Good night. Sleep tight. Give it a rest, already.
Huh? This is really funny now.
This is a thread for users to talk. Debate and hash out openions. I am not commenting on your official thread...there are many other threads, I choose to use this thread....what's wrong with that. Just ignore me.
Good night jim.

Last edited:

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet many hasn't looked at operation cost. Making you test 4X a day. How much will agent cost? If you really have to test your ALK 28x a week. You're not doing something right......you don't need a tester you need to sell your tank.
Think of that, 28 times of testing your mag? In a week. Really who does that? Waste of reagent, no, profit..
Agreed,
One if the issues I had with trident besode cost, need to upgrade and time to market, is the mag daily testing. I run an sps dominant tank and test my mag like once a quarter at most.
Even Rich who I respect great deal said he is taking this for the kh which is what matter.
Now, having mag testing ability would be nice if you have the option of how much you test without the need to waste water or reagent.
I understand some of the dilemmas trident and other similar testers have, one of which is the peristaltic pump, you cannot leave peristaltic head inactive for a long time otherwise the tube will go bad and yield it hard to predict how much reagent it dispense which means less accuracy.
that's why ibpersinaly think the way to go is either get individual kh ca tester...to which just double down on kh as it is what matter.
Or
Get an ion based tester that will not require reagent to do measurment so you can set the frequency ad you like without the maintenance and reagent headache..

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys and Gals, the rudeness to one another has got to stop. I know you are passionate but this is a hobby first and we're not two sides pitted against one another. We have always prided ourselves in being a friendly place to discuss and even debate reefs. Lately the Trident topic has caused a lot of animosity between members here. This is not the fault of Neptune rather a fault in ourselves for losing our temper and forgetting that this is a hobby and we are at Reef2Reef, NOT FACEBOOK! I'm not yelling just emphasizing. :)

I am going to ask everyone to please refrain from personal, hateful posts, comments, words and actions. I am going to ask you not to post in threads that are going to get you to say and do things that are not in line with our community standard of being friendly and courteous to one another. We are going to be forced to remove members from hot topic threads and we hate to do that. We want the community to moderate itself by doing the right thing.

Thank you.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys and Gals, the rudeness to one another has got to stop. I know you are passionate but this is a hobby first and we're not two sides pitted against one another. We have always prided ourselves in being a friendly place to discuss and even debate reefs. Lately the Trident topic has caused a lot of animosity between members here. This is not the fault of Neptune rather a fault in ourselves for losing our temper and forgetting that this is a hobby and we are at Reef2Reef, NOT FACEBOOK! I'm not yelling just emphasizing. :)

I am going to ask everyone to please refrain from personal, hateful posts, comments, words and actions. I am going to ask you not to post in threads that are going to get you to say and do things that are not in line with our community standard of being friendly and courteous to one another. We are going to be forced to remove members from hot topic threads and we hate to do that. We want the community to moderate itself by doing the right thing.

Thank you.
Well said

Last edited:

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol how do I unsubscribe from this thread?
Click the bookmark with the check mark in the top right corner in Tapatalk. If it is all white like in the picture, then you are subscribed

1666f5505c41a62f46d0d8acd7196489.jpg

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Time to move my questions and concerns to the more official thread.

I'll review the video, etc. and move them over after provided no answers were provided already - hoping for nothing but clear, concise answers.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back