OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, I hate that too! I felt bad for my fish never really getting “night” in their tank and I think they seemed happier for it as well.
Glad you don’t have to deal with that any more!
I was on the verge of buying an air rifle and shooting it. They wouldn't even redirect it. It was a spotlight not just a general light. Like I was very close to doing it lol

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I'm sorry to hear that. I was so depressed when I got my diagnosis but I've learned that I'm lucky to be where I'm at. I'll never take something like that for granted. I take my health very seriously now. No friggen clue how I'll get contacts in... gonna have to practice
It took me almost two weeks to get them in! Sclerals are huge, and not spilling the solution after you fill them can be a challenge. There’s videos on YouTube that show you how to do it easier

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me almost two weeks to get them in! Sclerals are huge, and not spilling the solution after you fill them can be a challenge. There’s videos on YouTube that show you how to do it easier
What's sclerals? I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. Just what I have and the """""solution""""

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's sclerals? I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. Just what I have and the """""solution""""
They’re huge contacts that vault over the entire cornea without touching it. You fill them with solution and can’t spill any when putting them on as you can get air bubbles. If this is your first go with contacts they may start you off with rgp (small hard contacts) but a lot of people can’t wear those do too discomfort or if they fall out as the cornea has too much of a cone shape. The next step would be hybrid lenses which are the small hard lens in the middle with a larger soft lens around that. Those are much more comfortable and as long as your cone isn’t too bad they will work out great. After that is the larger scleral lens, which is a hard lens but super comfortable and fits even with a very large cone. They also have prose and eye print pro lenses which are made by taking a mold of your eye. Each type gets to be progressively more expensive. Pretty much like $900 at the cheap end up to $10,000, probably more now.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a stupid question but can I cover my tank with a blanket? I have a 90 gallon tank with a sump that has a skimmer. I feel like that may have enough gas exchange but I'm afraid that I may suffocate my fish. It's a light blanket primarily being used to block off light from the tank. The type that comes with a bedspread but is SUPER thin

I have to have a light on for about an hour and by light I mean a very bright shop light. Of course I don't want to disturb my fish but I also don't want to kill them by covering them.

The back isn't too blocked off but the tank does have a canopy and glass tops.

16562129150141844173746068936901.jpg
I often cover the front of my tanks with a towel or 2 to maintain the corals dark period. I don't cover the entire talk. Just the front and sides and half the top. No ill effects but I only do it if main house lights are going g to be on late.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often cover the front of my tanks with a towel or 2 to maintain the corals dark period. I don't cover the entire talk. Just the front and sides and half the top. No ill effects but I only do it if main house lights are going g to be on late.
Exactly why I needed to. I needed to turn on a very bright light for about an hour

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly why I needed to. I needed to turn on a very bright light for about an hour
You're doing a good thing for your animals. Light cycle matters. All my tanks except one are in their own room where the only lights are from the aquariums.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine…maybe another option is to change their day/night cycle, no reason the lights can’t be on later into the night and off until later in the day. As long as it’s consistent.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back