covers suggestions

thehammer1985

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
675
Reaction score
313
Location
westland michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everybody. Glad to be posting here again. Finally getting back into the hobby. But I have a few questions for everyone .normally I just run an open tank with a canopy,but my wife brought a cat with her when she moved in. I was wondering what the best cover idea was for a small tank for my frag tank would be. I don't know if I should use a glass or a plastic screen style or if anyone else has any suggestions. Thank you in advance and good to be back.
 
Get rid of the cat!


With my son's tank, the cat would lay on top of the tank cover swatting at the glass sides. Whatever you find, it has to support the weight of the furry beast.
 
Ha I wish I could but our daughter loves him. Do you think the new plastic screens will hold or I should I go with glass also will it impede light getting to corals
 
Yes, the cat will impeded the light getting to corals. ;)

I agree, I'd get something substantial enough to support the cat like a glass top or thicker acrylic sheet. Not sure a net screen would do it.
 
The glass or acrylic will be fine if you keep them clean but that is easier said than done. I use the clear plastic screen which I absolutely love but it probably won't hold the weight of a cat.
 
egg crate would probably work best. glass or acrylic would have to be cleaned of salt creep often.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new