Crab ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter morpheas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

morpheas

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
532
Reaction score
447
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have an idea of what this crab is and of he's reef safe? Found him hitching a ride on an acro i just got... Thanks!

241197de1e459383d151b3f2c9473023.jpg
 
From what i gather then i should put him back on his colony... Correct?
 
If that's where you found him then yes. They form some type of Symbiotic relationship. Without that "friend" though it just becomes a crab, and crabs can be unpredictable sometimes. GL.
 
I'm almost positive it's an acronym crab they are reef safe they help out find red bugs or any pests on acros
 
Thanks guys, i put him back he was happy to be back home. I'll keep an eye on him see if he gets outta line...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new