Cracked my new Red Sea 350 while transporting it

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d contact Red Sea. Other than that, try waterbox next time. I love their customer service, it’s outstanding.
Why should he try waterbox - he damaged the aquarium when moving it?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If i were you and i still got the invoice id tell red sea that i bought it like that and i didn’t see it until now dont mention that you accidentally dropped it .. just tell its been damaged in shipping..

And before someone here throws me rocks, i know its wrong thats why i would not suggest doing it

But - you did suggest it lol - and I'm amazed. BTW - that wouldn't work anyway - because if you have something drop shipped - its your responsibility to inspect it before the delivery van leaves - once you sign for it - its yours - broken or not. When I got my 750 XXL - the paperwork said 'once you sign for this - we have no liability (i.e. the delivery company) - so I told the driver - he could wait - while I uncrated it - and looked at the tank -or he could help me lol. He actually wanted to see the tank - so we unpacked it and looked at the sump and tank to make sure there was no damage - he then helped me carry it into the house - he got a nice tip.

Last edited:

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i were you and i still got the invoice id tell red sea that i bought it like that and i didn’t see it until now dont mention that you accidentally dropped it .. just tell its been damaged in shipping..

And before someone here throws me rocks, i know its wrong thats why i would not suggest doing it
I'll have to remember not to ever sell you anything.

OP
OP
Nano Gabe

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are funny. No I’m going to be honest about what happened with the tank. I called today but the supervisor was out of the office I should be reciving a call back tomorrow hopefully with some good news.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are funny. No I’m going to be honest about what happened with the tank. I called today but the supervisor was out of the office I should be reciving a call back tomorrow hopefully with some good news.

Screw honesty, redsea has enough money. That was my tank I'd say it was already damaged lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Screw honesty, redsea has enough money. That was my tank I'd say it was already damaged lol
You must not own a business that relies on customers being honest? I mean - yeah - everyone would be 'tempted' to do it - but the fact that XXXX has enough money - is a silly argument

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must not own a business that relies on customers being honest? I mean - yeah - everyone would be 'tempted' to do it - but the fact that XXXX has enough money - is a silly argument
I was going to respond to that post but thought better of it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Consult with a well known glass company in your area and see if they are willing to help with replacement and bonding to the tank with sealant

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the Red Sea customer service number? I can’t find it online.
Aquarium king in fort lauderdale. Call them

reef savvy is in miami. Well known builder. He is building a tank for Ryan home at BRS. Also try tank a lot in Hialeah another builder. But I will Try aquarium king first. In case Also call exotic aquarium on bird road. The owner build the tank for WWC.

Last edited:

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, fraud so everyone else has to pay for that person's dishonesty in the form of higher prices.... With exact pictures all over the internet of the damage that would be an easy one to prosecute.

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But - you did suggest it lol - and I'm amazed. BTW - that wouldn't work anyway - because if you have something drop shipped - its your responsibility to inspect it before the delivery van leaves - once you sign for it - its yours - broken or not. When I got my 750 XXL - the paperwork said 'once you sign for this - we have no liability (i.e. the delivery company) - so I told the driver - he could wait - while I uncrated it - and looked at the tank -or he could help me lol. He actually wanted to see the tank - so we unpacked it and looked at the sump and tank to make sure there was no damage - he then helped me carry it into the house - he got a nice tip.
I did the same when I got my RS tank

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

in the past I have spoken to Amanda in their customer service department and she has been extremely helpful.

ReefBonanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats exactely how i feel.. im poor so i would do it if i were him
some people are rich and can afford a second tank .. i would try everything to get a replacement for free

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats exactely how i feel.. im poor so i would do it if i were him
some people are rich and can afford a second tank .. i would try everything to get a replacement for free

If you think you are poor, and are buying Red sea tanks, or are keeping a saltwater tank at all...... or have the internet for that matter........ you may want to reevaluate your definition of “poor”

ReefBonanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not poor... but not wealthy as most people i dont have a red sea reefer because i dont have the money for it.. but i still like reef tank and fish so ill still enjoy the hobby with the money i have

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back