0   0   0
IMO that won’t last long.

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking, and I want to revolutionize the hobby and start giving identification numbers to corals and the lineage to help preserve each species

Soooooooo, it would be the AKC of the reef? Maybe we call it American Reef Club, or ARC.

And those that don’t follow the lineage would be like mutts of the wet-world.

Ok. Sorry. Just having a little fun, but also considering the effort and organization (e.g. AKC, NTRC) it would require as well as the need to deal with the “outcasts and misfits”.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No thanks, there's already too much arguing and high costs for "named" corals already, no need to attempt to make it worse with some made up lineages. I'll stick to their scientific names like the better days of the hobby!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooooo, it would be the AKC of the reef? Maybe we call it American Reef Club, or ARC.

And those that don’t follow the lineage would be like mutts of the wet-world.

Ok. Sorry. Just having a little fun, but also considering the effort and organization (e.g. AKC, NTRC) it would require as well as the need to deal with the “outcasts and misfits”.
If you ever need fake doc's for ARC, I have a friend of a friend, who's uncle can duplicate. Hit me up.

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who will run the certs, who will be on call to authorize a pedigree for each and every cut frag from a numbered/registered coral? It works for mammals because we can do dna testing to register a pure breed with a lost lineage. with coral I doubt we will be able to keep up with the demands and false registry or denied registry would be a huge issue. if the system works so be it but I cant imagine it to work out too well.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the vendors would give the scientific name when they sold it. Do you think they know or care?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the vendors would give the scientific name when they sold it. Do you think they know or care?

Wwc does if requested and some if their corals do have a unique lineage/history behind them such as, wwc pink duster

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%

Back