CR's Frag Shack

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a fiji cube overflow, as does @dantimdad. So far, they seem super nice. Mine is still dry, but it did come with a very nice guide that gave an approx water level. so when i installed it i made sure that approx water level was above the trim with a bit of a margin.

it is my understanding that air wants to reach an equilibrium, and a vent would help with your room. But, I would call in a local HVAC expert and explain your desired outcome and see what he/she has to say.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a fiji cube overflow, as does @dantimdad. So far, they seem super nice. Mine is still dry, but it did come with a very nice guide that gave an approx water level. so when i installed it i made sure that approx water level was above the trim with a bit of a margin.

it is my understanding that air wants to reach an equilibrium, and a vent would help with your room. But, I would call in a local HVAC expert and explain your desired outcome and see what he/she has to say.
My overflow is awesome.

I highly recommend them.

Thanks. I’ve managed to get the eshopps situated and it meets my needs for now. If I ever need another overflow I’ll keep them in mind for sure.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the shack is a mess you take all the help you can get. :D

2D7A01FF-AA1B-4F98-901F-8DF72FAA5ADC.jpeg
B4D61AA5-3186-4DA5-9DD8-EB4CB199CFA2.jpeg

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Nice property as well. I may have to head a bit east. I hear land is a bit cheaper over there.

I’ve been looking st dehumidifiers. I think I s made my Choice now. That’s the exact model ive been looking at.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Nice property as well. I may have to head a bit east. I hear land is a bit cheaper over there.

I’ve been looking st dehumidifiers. I think I s made my Choice now. That’s the exact model ive been looking at.

Yeah land is the only thing they’re not making more of these days. We got a decent deal but it can go for a pretty penny here too.

If you get the dehumidifier I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. It’s been working great so far. Pretty quiet... does produce heat but it’s not horrible. My shack maintains between 73-75 degrees without needing a heater.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B6BF7405-CCFA-4480-BBE4-AC57A9934B72.jpeg

Drained the 75 and added sand and a partial scape with the new rock was done this afternoon. The rock in my 40B is nearly 2 years old and will be used on the right side. Of course we all know things are subject to change when I actually transfer everything. I’m going to do my best to match water parameters with the old system and with a little luck I might get the tank transferred this weekend. Excited and super nervous.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome how u have it seperate from the house. What an escape room from the every day. Nice work

Thanks... I can get away and still be home, and the wife loves that part. Since I have an echo out there she can "drop in" and use the echo like a intercom system telling me to get my butt in the house LOL

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounted the controllers and the DJ powerstrip. Now I just have to memorize the new switch layout. All the power blocks are in the top drawer of that the plastic cabinet so I don't have to worry about them getting wet. The ATO is installed and water level is set. I'm using a 5 gallon jug for now, but I'll have to test evaporation this week to see if I need to upgrade ATO container size. I'm thinking 5 gallons on a roughly 150g system isn't going to last me very long.

IMG_5479.jpg

Not the best pic, but here's the current scape on the 75... Not sure how I feel about it. It may just take some time for it to grow on me... It's just so different from what my 40B looked like.

So give me your honest opinions...
Thanks!

IMG_5474.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounted the controllers and the DJ powerstrip. Now I just have to memorize the new switch layout. All the power blocks are in the top drawer of that the plastic cabinet so I don't have to worry about them getting wet. The ATO is installed and water level is set. I'm using a 5 gallon jug for now, but I'll have to test evaporation this week to see if I need to upgrade ATO container size. I'm thinking 5 gallons on a roughly 150g system isn't going to last me very long.

IMG_5479.jpg

Not the best pic, but here's the current scape on the 75... Not sure how I feel about it. It may just take some time for it to grow on me... It's just so different from what my 40B looked like.

So give me your honest opinions...
Thanks!

IMG_5474.jpg

Honestly, I dont see much space between the rock piles, and this could potentially allow detritus to settle in between due to lack of flow in the middle of the piles.

That's my opinion to have most of the rock gapped. But plenty of people get away with it.

Looks nice though.

OP
OP
Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I dont see much space between the rock piles, and this could potentially allow detritus to settle in between due to lack of flow in the middle of the piles.

That's my opinion to have most of the rock gapped. But plenty of people get away with it.

Looks nice though.

Thanks. There's actually some decent gaps between some of the rocks, it's just hard to see in the picture. The gyre and MP40 move crazy amounts of water but I may add a small powerhead behind and pointed at the rocks to help push water through them...

Personally I tend to go for caves and shelves but this looks decent. Are you leaving any space behind the rocks?

I hear ya... I tend to like sloping structures and arches, but it's hard to do when you are working with rocks that are already covered in corals. There's a nice 3-4 inch gap between the back wall and the rocks except where the overflow is. That thing takes up SO much room!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back