cube stand from items in basement (upcycle)

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the photos were taken around noon... not much blue in my lighting at that time. White and around 85% intensity... Mainly I am looking to capture something so that I can go back and look at growth progress... That Setosa pic is a good example in terms of looking at the start of the coralline growth on the rocks. I have had to start scraping some off the glass now.

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several frags expected to arrive on Wed! I think I am going to get my hands in there and change the scape slightly... I seen something on another tank I liked, and I am not happy with the recent rocks added in. It is starting to look like a rockpile. so... since the superglue is coming out and my hands will be in there I may try to make it look better.

This is always a tough one, you get your hands in there and it is hard to stop moving things around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frags arrived this morning arrival before 10:30 actually 9:30!
As of now they are all in my aquarium. Going to take an initial picture for comparing in a few weeks... I am really interested in seeing in what ends up happening in terms of color with these frags. They were from colonies that have been under 400 metal halides all their life. Now... the frags are under Kessils.

I had a single A360 over my tank however managed to pick up a power supply for the A160 which was hung up a week or so ago. The lights may be moved slightly to improve overall coverage. Not sure if it is possible to give the frags too much light based on their history. The Jedi Mind Trick colony is now on the gravel and the aqua-scape appears to be much better. The colony is large compared to overall tank space, it was throwing the visual off. At least to me it did. It looks more like what was originally intended.
Still want to mess with the back of the scape a bit, but getting the frags in gets to me. Frustrating however the use of super glue rather than putty helps a lot with this. After chipping away the frag plug until it crumbles the frag was glued directly on the rocks I am of the opinion that the glued frag plug look stinks ;)

A coral looks natural faster once it actually starts to encrust directly on the rock not the plug.

Posting pics around 4 month mark... We may be able to see what happens to color in a few weeks...
Some frags I bought multiple... They are glued them in same area in hope to have it look more like a colony. Just trying to make it look natural while patiently trying to get coral to grow!

Oregon tort
Blue acro
Garf Bonsi
yellow acro
red planet
smurf milli
Birds nest

Purple stylo... Ha found out Purple Stylo and Milka Stylo are one of the same... I have 2 frags that I will try to trade off locally... My Milka frags looks like a colony already that coral grows fast ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest to take photos of and... both are doing great.
Burnin Banana and Spongodes

3 months
bannana_20331.jpg

4 months
Spongodes0430.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sets a little hard to see grow,it is encrusting and growing more on the right side.
The old pic was a front view, the new pic captures growth on the right side.

Setosa_0331.jpg

Setosa_0430.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battling Bubble Algae right now...

Some of the new frags are starting to show signs of encrusting...
Tank photos will look so much nicer when some of the acros start growing. Of course the Milks continues to grow fast, as well as the digitata. The CC firefly has grown quite a bit after looking over the original photo, although the color has changed. Looks more like a shade of purple. The Jedi mind trick is fine and is growing also.

Blurs are some of the fish photo bombing.

fulltank_front0430.jpg

fulltank_corner0430_2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a few pictures of the other frags/corals...
Sunset monti... Lost quite a bit of color due to low nutrients, however it is almost back to where it was now.(The Burnin Banana is growing faster than this one.)
Just added the birds nest...
CC Firefly looks nothing like when I bought it. More of a purple now. I cranked up the intensity another 4% ,this will put the lights at 86%
Pink Stylo is quite pink, it really will be nice when this grows out.
Rainbow Stylo.. Not quite a rainbow but nice...
Purchased 2 frags of the blue acro, one was placed at the top level and one mid level. The one at mid level had much nicer color so it was moved right next to the colorful one. It should color up the same way shortly!
My favorite Oregon Tort, always wanted this coral with such a great deal on the frags 3 were purchased and placed together in hope to grow a colony faster. It is doing fine right on top. It has held it's color since received! It is a very bright blue where encrusting...This will be a nice one.

sunset_monti_0503.jpg

cc_firefly_0503_1.jpg

pink_stylo_0503_1.jpg

rainbow_stylo_0503.jpg

blue_acro0503.jpg

oregon_tort_0503.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my 85mm macro lens in the old camera bag... The flamehawk stopped for a quick look while I was checking it out and I was able to grab a photo. I have been using a zoom lens for the other photos... Under end of peak white lights so the banana is not "screaming" yellow right now.

This lens is going to be getting more use ;)

flamehawk_0503_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the Jedi Mind Trick for May... Still refuses to grow over that dead area, but is growing.
I may snap off a piece and place in under the Setosa.

Mind_Trick_0505.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of weeks ago the Alk consumption was on a steady upswing I had to monitor daily. Stabilized again, the ALK is steady at 8.15 for about a week now. To keep up the Alk dosage was increased another 5ml. My thinking is that is a good thing.

Moved intensity to 90% on the Kessils yesterday.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back